Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Faint positive?

Hi I took 4 pregnancy test two were positive with faint lines and the other 2 were negative . Please help I'm confused as to whether I'm pregnant or not.. I haven't missed my period yet. im 11dpo.. do you see the 2 lines?image

Replies

• Options

I see it! Its there congratulations!!

• Options

Should we be 100% sure that I am? 

• Options

You need to test every morning daily witg fmu to see if it gets darker. Then get blood test.

• Options

My menstrual does come till the 6th . should I wait until then? the anticipation is horrible 

• Options

you tested super early. So try first response 6 days sooner. Thats strange to get a faint line that early. Hopefully its not evap line. But that usually happens with blue dye test not pink dye. But use cheap 88 cent tests from Wal-Mart or dollar store and test daily

• Options

Hcg doubles every 48 hours so you are better off waiting a couple of days. If your period isn't due until 6 January then I would be sceptical that it's a positive as it would be very unusual to get a postibe so early on... implantation doesn't usually happen until at least 6dpo... unless of course you ovulated earlier than you thought.... but assuming a 14 day luteal phase you would only be 6dpo today. 

• Options

If you are 11dpo as you say then your period should be due in 3-5 days.... hence the two week wait, the luteal phase is 12-16 days depending on the woman but never changes... so if you ovulate early then your period will be "early" and vice versa. Good luck

• Options

My period sometimes changes days it comes on either the 5 6 or 7 and last for 4 days.  i had intercourse of the 17 , according to research the 17 was one of my ovulation days. I took two test that said positive. And I have read that the line is so faint because my hcg levels aren't as high. 

• Options

Your period will only change because of when you ovulate. Your time between ovulation and period will never change but the time from period to ovulation can.... i ovulate on different days each month so I know if I OV on cd 14 then my period will arrive 14 days later (point between OV And period is 12-16 days depending  the person) you only ovulate on one day too... so if you OVd on the 17th you will now be 12 dpo which would explain why a positive  would be showing.... and period would be due in 2-5 days depending on how long your luteal phase is..... hcg doubles every 48 hours so if you wait 2 days then the line should be super strong :) 

• Options

And do we think this could be a evaporation line  perhaps?

• Options

It could be or just that your levels aren't high enough yet. They double every 48 hours so if you are sure you ovulated on the 17th, then retest in a couple of days.

• Options

Took another one and got another faint line. im so confused but yet a week early. 

• Options

If you ovulated on the 17th then your period will be due 2 weeks (12-16 days) afterwards. So it should be due in the next couple of days. 

• Options

there is a chance you ovulated early. Thats not an evaporation line. Do twins run in your family? Are you regular? How many days is your cycle?

• Options

It's clearly there to me. Congrats 

• Options

When I take another test it says negagive, idk if it's because of being so early it's hard to detect or what.. the anticipation  becoming unbearable! i want to be pregnant but ok not quite sure yet. what do you guys think??

• Options

Ladybugluvs, yes my menstrual is regular and last 4 days.  I believe the next one is due on the 7th or before thrn. 

• Options

I'm becom very discouraged because I contin to get different results

• Options

Hi ladies,  i have some brown spotting.. not sure what this could be..

• Options

Flybutterflyfly I have some brown spotting only when I wipe. Any ideas of what this could be?