Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Really can't cope anymore

So I've had severe depression and anxiety since I was 12 and this week it's gotten to a really low point, my son is 4 months old, and Im worried this is having an impact on him. The last few days I've felt so so down, I cant stop crying, I'm exhausted all the time, I can't stop the thought of suicide, I have no motivation to do anything, I went to the doctors about it and they didn't even mention my mood, they just gave me propranolol for my anxiety, I can't face going to bed at night, and I don't want to get up in the day, I feel like I'm the only persin the world😭

Replies

• Hi there Mummytobe22.
    Really sorry to hear you're feeling like this.

Please don't feel you're the only person in the world, we promise you, you are not alone. You sound like you're in a bad place right now and could do with some real-life help.

Please do think about calling or mailing some of the brilliant organisations that could help you.

You can call a wonderful organisation called PANDAS, which supports women with pre and postnatal mental-health issues. You can call their helpline on 0843 2898401 (9am to 8pm, every day) or mail them on info@pandasfoundation.org.uk (they aim to come back to you within 24 hours).

You could also call the Samaritans on 116123 (it's free to call, 24 hours a day) or mail them at jo@samaritans.org. 

Please do try and get back to your GP if you can, and tell them exactly how you're feeling - sometimes GP's might not ask the right questions, so we have to give them more information.

And do please keep posting here, if it would help.

• I can't really help except to say there is help out there please contact them. You are not alone Hun xxx

• Hi Mummytobe22

I dont really have any practical advice (sorry!) but I didnt want to read and run. Like DanielleMFM said, you arent the only person in the world and I'm sorry that you are feeling so down. Try the organisations suggested and see if they can help. 

Please let us know how you get on, and if you need to chat then come back here xxx