Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

False positives??

ive been trying to conceive for a few months and cannot tell if I'm seeing things. Keep getting faint positives of FR and clear blue plus but digital is negative Twice? My period is that irregular I dont even know how late I amimageimage

Replies

• Digital aren't very sensitive so just wait a few days and test with a FRES again x

• That's a positive!!
    FRER are way more sensitive than clear blue, never trust a blue dye test!!!! I trust FRER!

Take another in 3 days time, give it more time to produce hormones then test :)

*Whispers* Congratulations ;) xx

• (I should've put)....
    Digitals require a higher concentration of hcg in order to give a more accurate result, so they are about 100mLu, as opposed to FRER being 12.5mLu and normal FR being 25mLu :) xx

• I really hope I am!! 

• I've had slight pink that is just about noticeable when I wipe... is that a bad sign?

• There is no way to tell am afraid... could be AF could be implantation. I have had a false positive on FRES before so that's why I don't test early any more. In my opinion its best to wait until Af is late to avoid any heartbreak. Hope it's good news for you though x

• Its about 5 days late xx

• I keep doing tests but they are staying just as faint 

• They should be getting darker if pregnant. Maybe get a blood test at docs x

• I've slight pink when wipe so I'm wondering what that is .... barley noticeable 😏

• If it's IB then you need to wait 4 days for the hcg to be strong enough to show properly on a test 

• Maybe that's why it's only showing faint lines? 

• I got a positive hpt then 2 days later i got brown implantation bleeding I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant so don't give up i work with someone who had a little bleed at 10 weeks pregnant and the hospital early pregnancy unit said it was inplantation bleeding everyone is different x

• Thank you, and do you think that's why lines are faint as I'm just early? As clear blue digital  won't pick it up but other ones will but slight pink when I wipe just only noticeable as I'm checking xx

• If it isn't showing dark on a first response then it definitely won't show on a digital. Digital are 25 senativity but FRES are 12.5

• If you are "5 days late" it sounds like you probably ovulated later than you thought.  

• Try a digital in a week if still no period if still negative and no period get a blood test done

• Just a waiting game! My period has been all over place since I dt

• Stopped my pill xx

• The first response test looks good there's a pink line just wait few days and do another first response