Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Chemical pregnancy

Hey, so found out 2 days ago that I was pregnant. Over the moon as me and DH have been trying for over 4 months now. However this morning when I went to the bathroom I realised I was having my 'period' this time it is very heavy and I'm very crampy (unusual) I did another pregnancy test this morning and it's a negative :( this must be a chemical pregnancy. This is the second time this has happened since we've been TTC. Is this anything to worry about? 

Replies

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Thanks for the reply, ill take a look at it :) 

• It's worth chatting to your doctor, but from what I have read and heard, CPs are very common. The only reason we know about them is because of the invention of the early test. Usually it would just pass with our normal periods And we would be none the wiser... Strictly speaking it isn't a pregnancy as such as it has never implanted. I think some doctors recognise them, others don't. Might be worth an appointment just to see... it can't hurt to chat it through x