Forum homeโ€บ Getting pregnantโ€บ Trying to conceive
๐Ÿšจ Advance warning ๐Ÿšจ This forum will be closing on 1st May โ€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.

Going into panic mode!

Hi ladies. I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm relatively new to this TTC business, this is only our second cycle of trying. I know it can take months and I'm totally prepared for that. We also have additional issues in the form of a genetic problem in my OH's side of the family which means I have a 50% chance of miscarrying any baby we do conceive. I've got my head round this and know that we could be in for a rough journey.

However this morning I went into a huge panic. The first cycle, I was using an OPK (clear blue dual hormone), got the high and peak readings as expected, DtD multiple times around then and, although my period was later than expected, it did arrive. So no luck that month, fine.

I decided this month that, because of the fact that it might take us longer than normal anyway to have a successful pregnancy, I didn't want to miss any months through poor ovulation calculation so I started temping too (not into the whole CM analysis...). I got high readings on my OPK, started DTD, peak reading on Saturday morning, all good, but this morning I was hoping for a temperature increase but there's nothing.

I then started googling it and am now panicking that I am not actually ovulating, on top of all the genetic issues. I know it's early in the process etc but just the thought of yet another potential issue sent me into meltdown.

I'm quite big so am also gonna be focussing on losing weight as that can only help. I'm so sorry for the essay but I've been keeping this all to myself and this morning just felt like I tipped over the edge into panic. ๐Ÿ˜” just so desperately want a little baby.

Replies

• imageI think my temp chart so far confirms no oviolation despite high fertility and peak fertility readings on digital OPK ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

• *ovulation!!

• Hello, didn't want to read and run.ย 

Give it more time, it looks like you had an O dip CD15 and it is rising now. Also if your new to temping, you could have some slightly inaccurate temps as at the beginning of the chart which wil throw your cover line off.ย 

I know it's hard but try not to panic, try and be calm as to avoid stress which will help make a bfp hopefully :)ย 

• Thank you for your reply ๐Ÿ˜Š This is my chart today and theres a massive rise! I'm just so convinced that something will be wrong that now I've convinced nyself it will be back down tomorrow and will just be an anomaly rather than ovulation ๐Ÿ˜”image