Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Testing around VDay!?

Officially in the 2ww for baby #1 -- anyone else testing on or around Valentines Day? :)

Replies

• I'm in the 2ww and already impatient and driving myself mad! .... everything i feel, i'm like is this it?! been trying for over two years now and miscarried in September. I'm trying not to jinx it but feeling positive this month! 

I ovulated on 23rd (tested positive, plus i can always feel ovulation). Had intercourse on the 21st and the 23rd and af due 8th February so fingers crossed i will test then!

If it doesn't happen this month the Drs for me!

Fingers crossed for you? xx

• Oh man I know the feeling! Every time I have a pain or a cramp or anything I find myself running to Google! I'm so impatient lol 

I hope this is the month for you! Sorry to hear about your mc. 

AF for me is Feb 12, my cycles are usually like clockwork but having PCOS gets in the way at times. 

Huge fingers crossed for your BFP! 💕🤞🏼

• How are you feeling? The wait is killing me!!

I've had a stitch like feeling all day today but gone now! 

Keep reading up on how early I can take a test but going to try and resist until 8th! One week tomorrow!

• Me :)

I think I ovulated yesterday looking at my OPK and bbt but I'm so new to this I might be totally wrong. First month TTC. 

Ovia says to test 14th of Feb. I'm not expecting much, unrealistic to hope I fall first cycle I think! I had a CP last cycle while using condoms, it was a bit of a shock seen as we were planning to start TTC this month. 

• Myah - I've got a stitch just now too, quite painful! 

• I wonder what it means Loz? Mine moved to the other side yesterday but gone today! 

I feel eel like I'm imagining symptoms and setting myself up for a big fall again! 

• Okay I finally have to admit.. I have no idea what some of these abbreviations mean 🙈🙈 

what is OPK and bbt?? 

Loz this is my first first month TTC as well, I keep telling myself I'm not pregnant just so I don't get too disapointed But big hopes that we'll both find ourselves preggo! 

I  like its way too early to have any real symptoms, I mean I'm only 3 or 4 dpo but I am finding myself more hungry and sleepy lately. Buuttt I've been working out the last few weeks so it's a little unfair to relate this to ttc

🖤🖤

• Myah I'm so excited to hear in a week when you take your test!

where are you from?!

• I'm from London xx

• Opk - ovulation predictor kit BBT - basal body temperature 

I only know this because I've been stalking the forums since last august when we first decided to ttc. I had to wait until this month because I had to be at my work for a year to qualify for mat leave. Such a long wait.

I'm glad to have another newbie friend! Fingers crossed September! That would be wonderful. 

Ive seen so many people say that the two week wait is torture and now i know why ! Only 2dpo! 

• I've seen somewhere that people think stitches are ovulation pain. Mines was really high up but guess it's all new to me so you never know!

Every ache and pain I'm like ooooh what's that! 

• Having indigestion type pains today but in my belly, exhausted (but work is busy!) and boobs are really itchy! 

I'm so tempted to test early but i don't want to get a negative and then to drive myself crazy anyway thinking its too early to test! 

This is my last month of trying naturally ... if it doesn't happen this month then its Drs for me! (37 now and trying for 2 years)

• Actually my boobs are really bad today! like i can sense my nipples ... sounds strange! 

• Thanks Loz!! Slowly learning all the lingo!! Are you in London as well?

I'm in the US and am thinking I may have stumbled upon an overseas chat based on everyone's vocab! 

Myah that's a good sign!! It probably is too early to tell, I've been reading that implantation takes around 10-14 dpo but my friend said she knew she had fallen pregnant when her boobs itched!! 

I've gotten that stitch in my side and it's usually around the time I ovulate. This month it was on both sides, twins??? Haha oh dear!

I'm 27 trying for my first, it's hard not too feel late to the game, my mom had 3 kiddos by my age and my best frien is pregnant with her 2nd at age 24! 

• Hello everyone! 

so nice to hear so many people that are in the same boat as me, we haven't told anyone we're trying so it's quite isolating sometimes having no one to talk to about these things.  we've been ttc since March last year and every month feels like such a let down. I feel like we got the timing right this time and now just like you every twinge or feeling I'm on googling searching 'early pregnancy symptoms'! 

My time to test is around a week away but I'm really trying not to get my hopes up. 

Fingers crossed for everyone xxx

• Welcome Lauralouke! It is isolating ... particularly when it feels all around you people are falling pregnant "accidentally".

I'm trying not to get my hopes up! having period like twinges today. i ovulated 23rd Jan so i'm now 10 dpo ... going to try and hold it out.... 

Why does it feel like the longest two weeks of my life! ha ha

I have ten year on you SeptemberBerry! ... Twins would be amazing!!

• Welcome Lauralouke! It is isolating ... particularly when it feels all around you people are falling pregnant "accidentally".

I'm trying not to get my hopes up! having period like twinges today. i ovulated 23rd Jan so i'm now 10 dpo ... going to try and hold it out.... 

Why does it feel like the longest two weeks of my life! ha ha

I have ten years on you SeptemberBerry! ... Twins would be amazing!!

• Thank you Myah37! 

Yeah definately, it seems like my whole facebook feed is full of baby scans or people saying, well this was unexpected but... and I feel awful for feeling jealous of them! 

I'm trying to out too, I don't want to test too early 🙈 

• I know how you feel septemberberry, my mum had both me and my sister so easily and my sister had my niece without even trying and 3 of my friends have gotten pregnant and it was a suprise. Of course I'm happy for them but I can't help but thinking why cant that be me?! 

fingers crossed for you xxxx

• Welcome Laura!! 

ugh I know! I knew 10 girls all last year who fell preg without even trying! 

It is definitely nice to have this site to chat on since only my best friend, hubby, and sister know. 💟