Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying for the first time!

Hey I'm completely new to this so please accept my ignorance! I've been on the combined pill for a few years, and stopped taking the pill 11 days ago. I had a withdrawal bleed for 4 days (a couple of days later). We've been having sex every other day & I've been taking my temp every day but no obvious signs of anything. Unfortunately I have no idea when I'm ovulating...until I have a proper period! Yesterday I felt these strange twinges like butterflies in my lower belly, and felt very bloated! This morning I had a little bit of pink blood after intercourse. Am I getting myself at it? Surely I can't get pregnAnt 11 days after stopping my pill? I don't want to do a test yet as I feel it's way too early & am just waiting for my first proper period! Any advice/experiences would be great! I'm 28 years old, and this is my first time at trying! 

Replies

• Sounds like it's ovulation. You ovulate approx 10-14 days after the first day of your period. You will always ovulate 2 weeks before your period is due, so if your period is "late" then your ovulation would have been later. That's why it's called the two week wait, so am afraid you probably have another 2 weeks to wait and see if you have fallen Pg first time. Good luck x

• Thank you! I did wonder that, but where i have not had a 'proper' period yet I've only had a withdrawal bleed I get so confused! I know only time will tell, but I'm so impatient 🤣 X

• Yeah.... the two weeks seem to drag on when trying.... yet goes so quickly when you aren't!! 😫