Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Life after Mirena Coil

Hi all, 

I'm looking for some advice on what to expect after the Mirena coil is removed. I had mines removed 2 weeks ago as we have decided to ttc next year and I wanted to give my body/cycle a chance to return to normal.

I've had a rough week, breasts are huge and aching so bad even driving over a bump on the road makes me whimper. My stomach is swollen, I'm breaking out and I'm so tired and emotional.

Is this normal? My GP advised I would have a withdrawal bleed but that hasn't happened.

Have any of you ladies experienced similar?

Thanks! 

Replies

• Hi Sandy 

I had mine out 10 days ago and am wanting to concieve asap but it had been  awful here I bled that night and then stopped for a day then back in full force then flooded everywhere which the doctor has had to give me tablets to slow the bleeding and taken blood to test iron etc.  So I am left with no clue as to what is happening to my body and cycles.

Let me know how it goes for you

• Hi Both,

I know this is an old post but only post I found that related to the situation I am in at the moment.

My mirena coil was removed on 23.01.17 and I have been experiencing all of the above symptoms and no sign of a period at all! 

I took a test about 10 days ago which was negative (should've waited as probably too early to detect), I don't know if I should do another now or not or contact my GP as the nurse informed me that all would return back to normal more or less straight away!

I am hoping as time has passed since your posts you can shine some light on this for me?