Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Devastated

Just been to hospital for a Hycosy but they couldn't do it as have a swollen tube. They have to do keyhole surgery to confirm the reason but may have to have my ovary and tube removed. They also confirmed pcos on both ovaries so my odds are getting lower and lower. If I don't have the removal I'm likely to have ectopic pregnancy. 

I was not prepared for this result and it has really hit me hard. It would be really helpful to know if anyone else has gone through this and been successful with or without IVF. image

Replies

• Thanks everyone for the kind words. I feel much better now. image

• I didn't want to read and run - i'm really sorry you didn't have better news at the hospital - have they explained all your options? All i can say is from lurking around this forum, i've spotted quite a few women with pcos, despite the odds stacked against them, falling pregnant. Don't give up hope x

• So sorry to hear your news:/

I don't suffer from pcos so haven't much advice to offer but I did have an overy/Fallopian tube removed after an emergence c section with my first born. I just wanted to say really that I went on to have 2 more very healthy pregnancies afterwards and fell pg within 3-6 months with each. My doctor initially said I might struggle but all was well:) Certainly don't worry about only having 1 overy/tube.

I do no plenty of ladies on here that have had successful pregnancies with pcos.

Hope everything is sorted out quickly for you and you fall pg very soon:) Good luck 🍀🍀🍀