Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2017

Due in July 2017 - Part 2

1444546474850»

Replies

• Mummytoolley I bought cot mattress, babygros, little soft toys, cot mobile and a bath support . Hope you have a stress free night at work. 12 hour shifts must be wearing you out ☹️

• When husband originally got it I thought it was a ridiculous price to pay. But after using it I would say it is worth it. We had red and black one paid about £160. I've seen some online recently for £250 not sure if that's a new version with more features. Definitely wouldn't pay that much. But worth £160 I feel x 

• Louise they're killing me off chick and my boss and put me down to work til 36 weeks before I cn start my annual leave leading into maternity the week Charlie is due I'm exhausted I don't know if I'm going to make it that fair. That sounds cute what you brought my nursery furniture is being delivered on the 20th March and my travel system is already in the nursery stil boxed up. I think I've got way to many clothes tho lol its tricky with newborn and 0_3 coz they're not in them five minutes are they and with our babies being summer babies at 3_6 they'll need winter clothes won't they. 

Dolly I might try and convince my oh into letting us get one they look so good and apparently they're brilliant if baby has colic, reflux etc 

Has anyone got anymore scans booked in I'm due back the 26th may and have got fortnightly BP checks starting from April which will be a ballache but worth it 

• hey all! hope you're all okay. 

mummytoolly I don't have any more scans at all which I thought was weird. I remember my sister having a few but all in all I've had 12 week scan and 20 week. I will probably book a private 3D one as I want to see him xx

• I spoke to one of my colleagues who advised me against working on our ward up until so late because of its levels of aggression she suggested maybe taking my annual leave at 32 weeks and starting maternity leave when that's finished would 37 weeks be to early to start maternity? Is anyone else starting at 37 

• I'm starting maternity  leave from the 3rd July due on the 10th but have 5 weeks holiday to take before hand

• I think you can start maternity officially from 

• I think you can officially start your mat leave from 29 weeks. I know from last pregnancy if you're sick they can't put you on it before 36.

Think you need to do what's best for you and your baby. I ended up stopping at 32 weeks last time due to my pelvis and was pretty much housebound as I'd overdone in.

At the moment I plan to dtop

• I think you can officially start your mat leave from 29 weeks. I know from last pregnancy if you're sick they can't put you on it before 36.

Think you need to do what's best for you and your baby. I ended up stopping at 32 weeks last time due to my pelvis and was pretty much housebound as I'd overdone in.

At the moment I plan to stop at 33

• Yeah you can if you get sign off sick from maternity related illness yor company will automatically start your maternity from 36 weeks.

i work in payroll and deal with maternity everyday and i don't even know what to do. Hear so many stories of the baby came early and I lost my annual leave where people have struggled on to the last minute hehe. But then you want as much time as possible off once the baby is here aahhhhhh 

hope everyone is well :)

• Mummytoolley I'm booked in for scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks because I'm so small, they did this with my first as my bump was measuring small and were convinced she'd be tiny and she came out 7lb8.5! 

This time though bumps measuring great! Hope everyone is well! I think I've grown lol ximage

• Yeh that's what I meant. I got signed off sick from 32 and was put on mat leave from 36. My phone was playing up and kept reposting but that's what I meant. I had two weeks holiday to use at that point do they put me sick until 36 - 2 week holiday and then started me at 38 weeks so I still got my holidays but it was a nightmare to sort.

My boss at the time seemed to this gestation meant the date I said I wanted to finish up and tried taking it back 4 weeks from then. Took a lot of calls to HR before I think someone Googled that gestation meant due date lol.

You can take it as early as 29 though if you want. I think you're supposed to give 15 weeks notice so you're supposed to tell them by week 25 what you plan to do although that might just be my company policy. 

I learnt the hard way that sometimes it's best to give in and relax without the stress.

• Yeah men and women should provide matb1 and dates for leave by 25 weeks otherwise your employer can make u wait. 

Wow nice bump maddie how many weeks are you ? 

• Hello everyone!

We've noticed that this thread is getting super-long - which is brilliant, of course! 
    But it also means it's getting harder and harder to load on some devices - and a lot fiddlier to keep up with.

So, if it's OK with you all, we're going to create a new thread, called Due in July 2017 Part 3 - which should be super-speedy and easy to load - where you can carry on your conversation.

We won't delete this thread (as if!); we'll just close it to new posts (so we don't have 2 convos going on at once!) and put up a link to the new thread so everyone knows where to head for.

Trust that all sounds OK. 

• Hi all, here's the link to your new thread: Due in July 2017 - Part 3

We'll lock this thread later on so you all have a chance to see this message. 

• Just popping by to say we're locking this thread now - please do head on over to: Due in July 2017 - Part 3