Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Spliting up while 27 weeks pregnant

My partner and I have been together for 6 years. We have lived together for 5 years. We have one amazing little boy together who is 3 and a half. 

And last month, while i was 5 months pregnant, i found out he was cheating on me. 

After a lot of tears, words and struggles.. we decided to try make things work. 

It took me just over a month to realize that I couldnt get over it. We were having relationship and money troubles anyway so with this ontop of things it just wasnt working. 

I told him i didnt want to be with him anymore last night. 

I feel so lost and alone. I feel like the worst mum in the world for ripping my boys family apart. I dont know where to even begin with how to move out and actualy aford to live. Im so worried what all this stress is doing to my poor bump. 

I just needed somewhere to vent. Someone to talk to. 

Jo x

Replies

• I think right now it won't seem like the right decision but in the long run you have done the right thing stay strong and positive and you will get through it. X

• Firstly your partner has committed a terrible thing. Pregnancy is when you can feel at your lowest depending on symptoms but when you should be coming closer so it isn't you that has split your family apart.

Second, go see your doctor. Talk things through and make sure you and bump are ok.

Thirdly look at your local authority website they maybe able to help regarding housing etc or citizens advice.

You need time apart from your partner before you can properly establish if you're willing to forgive.

• My sister is a single parent and gets a lot of help with money like help with her rent and things I would maybe give housing benefits a call and child income support i think its called and they will help you with that

u have totally done the right thing there's no doubt about it it will just take you some time to get over the situation really hope you and bump are okay xx

• Hey MummaJo!

I just thought I'd drop by & tell you to never doubt yourself as a mum, whether you're with your partner or not your little boy will still love you all the world. Right now you might feel like you're doing the wrong thing but this must have been so hard for you to even consider let alone put in to action; and in my opinion you're doing what's right for you and your boys in the long run. I don't know about you, but I know there's no way I could stand by someone who had cheated on me, I'd forever be questioning every move he makes when I'm not around and it would Only end up making me poorly. No man is worth that! 

I'm a single Pringle and although our situations are totally different, you're honestly going to do just fine with your boys, trust me! If I can do it, anyone can!💙🌟 It might not feel it now because you're so used to having him around, but there's someone out there who will appreciate you for who you are and will respect you enough to not betray your trust and love so massively.

my best friend was in exactly the same position as you and money wasn't a worry; drop me a private message if you want a rough guide of what she received.. money is the biggest stress  so I can imagine how anxious you are feeling! Try not to be because that side of things as well as the rest will all work out.

me&morgan are at it alone, just the two of us everyday and I wouldnt have it any other way. The thought of being with his dad just to be forever worrying makes me feel sick, I couldn't enjoy my baby as much as I do now!!! Your baby's love you so much for who YOU are! Chin up lovely, you've got this, promise! 💙🌟