Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

HyCoSy , please share your Experience

Hello All,

I am new to this website, so my apologies in case i am opening new thread for the subject which already listed here.

We have been trying to conceive for quite a long time and now going through fertility checks. I have an appointment booked for HyCoSy for beginning of May and have no idea what to expect.

Any one here who went through it , please share your experience. If after HyCoSy you got pregnant please mention for how long you have been TTC.

Thanks in advance  

Replies

• Hi all, I probably was not clear enough on the procedure I am about have.

It's called - Hysterosalpingo-contrast-sonography (usually shortened to HyCoSy)  please anyone share your experience, and if it helped to conceive,  how long did take until you became pregnant ?

• Hi Katia,

My partner and I were ttc for about 9 months and my obgyn suggested a hysterosalpingograph (hsg). I think this is the same procedure as the HyCoSy. The procedure lasted less than 10 minutes and was not painfull at all. 

After that I fell pregnant two months later and I now have a beautiful little boy!!

Didnt have any blockages but I think the procedure helped to flush out the system and helped me to conceive. 

please let me know how you are getting on!!

Good luck!!!

• Hi Navi2016,

thanks  a lot for you feedback, that is really helps to not lose the hope.

i had mine done few weeks ago, and it was really quick and easy , as you describe. 

my tubes are fine and no blockages were found.

I was referred for laparoscopy for endometriosis in the beginning of July - and that is really what I am scared about now.