Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Baby Dove Rich Moisture product test: the feedback thread

Hello. 

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Baby Dove Rich Moisture range for us as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

You should have received your products (or they’re speeding their way to you right now!). Do have fun testing out the range on your child and please also take some pictures of your child, while you’re using the products.

Then, please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 5 questions:

1. What did you think of the Baby Dove products you received at first sight?
When you used the products, how did your baby’s skin feel afterwards? Please post up the picture(s) of your child using the products (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)
3. Of the products you tested, which one was your favourite – and why
The products you tested cost between 69p and £3.50. How would you rate them as value for money? 
Would you recommend the Baby Dove Rich Moisture range to other mums and mums-to-be?

Everyone who leaves quality feedback and answers all 5 of our questions (and is part of our product test) will be put into a draw to win a £100 Amazon voucher.

Thank you so much – and good luck!

Replies

First impressions of the products was that you expect them to be good just from the brand of product, aswell as how the package its self looked . They look like an expensive product just from the packaging. Unlike cheaper products that just have the plain colour and simple text on them.  The packaging of the products actually looks like they've put care into what there product looks like to give us a good expectation of the product. 

First two products I used was the wet wipes and nappy cream. Since she had slight nappy rash.  3 hours later I changed her bum when it was her next bottle feed and the redness of the rash had gone down quite abit. Definatly would say it's up there with bepanthent. ( I can't photo the nappy cream because of where it was used). Wet wipes left her skin feeling the same, but they do leave her smelling lovely🎀 They weren't much different to other brands which are cheaper. 

The shampoo left her hair feeling so soft and fluffy definatly will be buying some more of this. Smell lovely too!!

The top to toe bath wash left her skin feeling soft and smooth. She really enjoyed her bath, she fell straight to sleep after her bath. 

Last product I used was the lotion. My daughter has erbs palsy in her left arm and I use a lotion on her skin when I massage her arm, shoulder and fingers. I also used it on her head where she has most her dry skin. After one use you can see the difference it's made. Her skin is less dry and flakey. Will purchase this again, as it works well when massaging her arm and made her dry skin a lot better. 

imageimage

Just waiting for the soap bar

My favourite product was the shampoo. It's left my daughters hair so fluffy and smells lovely. It's also so shinny after using it, She really enjoyed her hair wash. 

4. The pricing is the same as other big brand baby products, some of them I wouldn't pay the price for like the wipes, as there are other brands that are just as good for half the price. The shampoo I would pay the money for it was my favourite product. 

The lotion and top to toe body wash, the bottles seemed very small compared to other big brand names of that price. How ever I did like how the lotion left her skin feeling compared to other products so I would pay the price for it.  

The nappy cream is definitely worth the money. You have to pay money to get a good nappy cream that actually works. 

1. Yes! My sisters have children and my friend is having a baby on the way so I've already told them two about the products. My niece has very sensitive skin, so my sister is going to give the bubble bath ago with her. 
  • image Day two of the moisturiser dry skin has nearly gone x 

• My feedback from the Baby Dove product test... (used on Jenson aged 15 weeks) 

i thought the design and branding of the products made them look like great quality. I like the colouring of them too, simple with a small splash of colour. The range also looks fab with all the products together!

2. When you used the products, how did your baby’s skin feel afterwards? 

nappy cream - I have always had a preference for sudacrem, however, Baby Dove may have just taken the place of being my favourite! I liked that it is in a tube as opposed to a tub. It comes out very much like a thick moisturiser but goes on similarly to sudacrem. I found that this cream seemed to absorb in a lot better and looked like it would be more comfortable for Jenson. I used this at the first sign of redness and by the next nappy change the redness had already gone! 

Wipes - a pet hate of mine is multiple wipes coming out at once and wipes being too wet. I am pleased to say dove baby wipes come out one at a time and are a not too wet! If I am honest, although I like these, I am not sure they are any better than some of the cheaper brands out there. 

Shampoo - i love the smell of this! a very small amount did an excellent job of cleaning Jenson's hair (he doesn't have much!). the small amount of hair he does have feels lovely and soft and fluffy! I had been avoiding using shampoo and favoured a sensitive all in one wash as all of the shampoos I had tried really dried out Jenson's scalp. however, dove baby shampoo hasn't dried it out in the slightest, in fact it seems better than it has ever been after just one wash! 

Lotion - Jenson gets dry skin on his forehead and his cheeks often feel quite rough. I used just a small amout of this lotion on his face and his skin feels lovely and soft. His dry skin seems ok (although isnt too bad at the moment anyway) but the biggest difference is his cheeks which feel beautiful! 

All in one wash - initially using this i didnt think it was as good as other brands I've used as it didn't seem as 'soapy', however, after id got Jenson out and dried him, his skin did feel lovely and soft. I usually have to use a little talc to keep his skin soft so this does do what it says it will! 

Soap bar - awaiting this to trial 

as an additional point, the bath products all say tear free and my experience is exactly that. Jenson loves to splash a lot in his bath and inevitably gets soap etc in his eyes but we still no tears or sore looking eyes after bathing with baby dove products 

this is a tough call between the nappy cream or shampoo. 

i love how the nappy cream goes on and feels (non greasy and not too thick) , it also does a good job reducing redness.

but the shampoo is the first I've come across that does not leave a dry scalp...and it smells amazing! 

4. The products you tested cost between 69p and £3.50. How would you rate them as value for money? 

I would happily pay the price for the nappy cream and shampoo as I was really impressed with the quality of these. Also a little of each goes a long way so would last really well.

I don't feel the wipes bring any extra benefits that other cheap brands don't so probably wouldn't pay more for those. 

The all in one wash and lotion do a great job but are quite small bottles compared to other brands so would work out quite a lot dearer. 

5. Would you recommend the Baby Dove Rich Moisture range to other mums and mums-to-be?

definitely. I have a friend who has had the same scalp drying problem with other shampoos on her little boy so I will certainly be recommending she try the dove. 

Overall i enjoyed using all of the products on Jenson and they are all good :-) 

1: First impressions are that the range had 21st century mum all over it!, these items would not look out of place in any bathroom or changing bag. The nuteral tones bring the words safe into my mind. One thing that struck me was that the wipes did not have sharp corners the packaging was soft and I loved that I could give them to Hugo-Blaze to hold whilst changing him minus the worry he may cut himself. 

2: I left it a few mintues before doing a touch test on Hugo-Blaze and his skin truly felt like silk. The fact that the lotion was a thin consistently meant that it was easy to spread and quick drying. I hate the tacky texture that accompanies other brands, in that small window between keeping Hugo still it's important to get him dressed as quickly as possible and the fact he was dry without talc is a big bonus. Although I must say I think talc would be a great addition to the dove collection.  This overall smooth finish was also helped by the use of the head to toe body wash. 

3: Our favourite product is the Shampoo, so much so that I rushed out to buy more.To use it felt very similar to our current brand as you can see above Hugo-Blaze's hair is thick and it soaked in well alongside the promise of no tears. However the real magic happened once we were out the bath, once combed Hugo's normal flyaway hard to control hair was smooth, sleek and easy to comb with a silky shine and thats not something I have ever noticed before. I was interested to see if this would reflect the next morning and his hair was 100% not as crazy. 

4: I truly think that the new dove range is value for money, I feel that there was a huge gap in the market for a new baby bathtime brand. I would happily give this set as a gift at a baby shower. I am yet to test the soap but I feel the price reflects the quality of these products and it sits in the supermarket market with ease. 

5: I would recommend this to all my mummy friends without a doubt. The foamy aroma gives of a gentle but pleasant scent whilst providing no tears for baby. It may sound silly but as my son is 18m he has clearly got used to seeing the same products laying around the bath. By bringing in the new Dove range as you can see he was very interested and happy to try something new.

Overall we LoveDove, I am fully converted and can't wait to see what else they bring to the range. imageimage

• 1. My first impressions of the products were that they looked really pretty & very professional. I have always trusted and loved dove products so I had high hopes for these products.

2. Since using the products on Penny her skin has been a lot softer. After using the wipes, I could clearly tell that her skin was a lot smoother and the wipes were very soft & easy to wipe her face & nappy region & glided very well.

I only tend to use nappy cream after a bath at night & before I used the dove range I noticed a little bit of nappy rash but once I used dove nappy cream this rash went almost immediately, I was literally amazed and the way it goes onto the skin is really smooth. Before this I used the lotion & since using that, her skin feels amazing (I'm slightly jealous lol!).

The shampoo is brilliant! Other baby shampoos always tend to pull the babies hair as I wash it but the dove baby shampoo allowed my hands to glide through her hair really easy which I'm sure Penny was happy about too. We also loved the top to toe wash too & this was easy on Penny's eyes as she loves to splash everyone! imageimageimageimage

3. Out of all the products, I have to say it would be the shampoo, I love how it glides through Penny's hair without pulling it. 

4. I do think the range is good value for money, I will definitely be going out to buy more when I run out. 

5. I will definitely recommend these products to other mums & mum's to be. I know of 3 friends who are pregnant & I will definitely be telling them to buy the dove range! 

• Thanks for choosing us to be testers of the dove baby products!

I thought the products looked fab when they arrived. I liked the simple design and light colours. I was impressed at the variety of products too.

The first product I used were the wet wipes which smelt lovely. They were soft on my babies skin and did the job they're  designed to do! I then applied some of the nappy cream to my baby as she has had a bit of redness the last few days. The cream went on easily and didn't seem as sticky as some of the other nappy creams.

We then tried the body wash, shampoo and moisturiser. The body wash was lovely but didn't foam as much as others ive used. However, it did leave my babies skin very soft after her bath. The shampoo smelt gorgeous and my baby enjoyed having her hair washed with it. When her hair dried, it was clear that the shampoo was of a good quality as her hair was silky smooth! We applied the moisturiser to her tummy and legs as this is where she gets quite a lot of dry skin. It took a while to dry but this is usually the case with moisturisers. When I checked her skin later, I didn't really notice any improvement but obviously this was only our first application so I will continue to use it over the next few days.

My favourite product was definitely the shampoo. It left my little ones hair silky smooth!

4. The products you tested cost between 69p and £3.50. How would you rate them as value for money? 

I would say the products are very good value for money, especially the shampoo and nappy cream.

5. Would you recommend the Baby Dove Rich Moisture range to other mums and mums-to-be?

I would definitely recommend these products to mums and mums to be. The products smelt lovely and fresh and were gentle on my babies skin.

• 1. Stylist and instantly recognisable as the dove brand.

2. My 15 month old skin felt lovely and smooth after the top to toe wash and lotion. The nappy cream has kept his bum rash free and the shampoo is lovely. My son is very active in the bath so this is the only pic i could get. 

3. My favourite so far has been the shampoo. It made his hair all silky and smelt lovely. 

4. I'm not sure I'd spend the money on the wipes as I felt they were too soft and not effective enough but I tend to stock up when products are on offer which I noticed they were this week in asda so I've already bought some more shampoo and body wash. 

5. I'd recommend the products and would buy to add to a gift for a new mum. All in all a very good range except maybe the wipes.

• Thankyou for choosing us to test the Dove Baby Range. 

When I first opened the products, I really liked the packaging. I love the baby blue on the logo and it was very clear as to what each product was. 

We first used the baby wipes and nappy cream. The baby wipes have the nicest smell of any baby wipes I've ever used, and are perfect in terms of 'moistness'. Some baby wipes seem to be either too dry or too wet, theses are a perfect balance. The baby shampoo left an amazing smell on my baby's hair and left it looking clean and fresh. She also suffers from eczema so I was a little weary about trying a new baby lotion, however, I needn't have worried, her skin took to it really well and it kept her moisturised without a rash. The body wash also had a great moisturising effect and left her smelling good enough to eat!

imageimageimage

My favourite product was probably the wipes, as they had a perfect balance of moisture and thickness, left the skin soft, and cleaned effectively. 

Although I don't know the exact pricing of each product, I'd definitely say that between the price brackets shown, they are value for money and I'd definitely recommend Dove Baby to a friend, in fact, I already have! My sister is 7 weeks away from her first babba and I've sent her to buy the full range!

• Thank You for choosing me and Isabelle to test the new Dove Range! 

1 - what did you think of the baby dove products at first sight? 

When I opened the parcel with the products inside it was very obvious and clear that they were the 'Dove' brand - they just had that sophisticated dove look about them. They were a simplistic design, but lovely and eye-catching and whenever I go to the baby Isle in shops now its the first product that catches my eye! 

2 - when you used the products how did your baby's skin feel?

Soap bar - unable to test. 

Nappy Cream - I thought the nappy cream was brilliant. It was much more like a moisturiser than a typical 'pastey' nappy cream. Over the duration of almost a week we have has no sign of nappy rash and have used a small amount after each nappy change. And her bottom still feels as smooth as a baby's should be haha! 

Shampoo - isabelle doesn't have much hair at all, so the product is the perfect size,  but for a baby with lots of hair I can imagine the bottle running down rather quickly. The shampoo smells amazing and really reminds me of that distinctive newborn smell. After using the shampoo, isabelle's hair felt super soft and fluffy. The only downside is it doesn't prevent her little patch of cradle cap so I feel I will have to go back to my original shampoo. 

Head to Toe Wash - Similar to the shampoo, the wash smelt lovely. I used ir both as a body wash in the shower and also as a bubble bath during bathtime. After use, my daughters skin felt smooth and not bumpy. I was so relieved that it didn't dry out her skin which has been an issue with other products in the past.

Body Lotion - pretty similar to the body wash - her skin smelt lovely, felt smooth and unaffected by the Lotion and I would definitely buy this product.

Baby Wipes - personally, I wasn't a big fan of the Wipes. They smelt lovely, and left her akin feeling lovely and soft but I just thought they were really dry and though to use in comparison to the Wipes i already used. also, the seal on the pocket is just a small sticky strip - very easy for my 11 month old to help herself to. image

3 - favourite product - 

Deffinetly the body wash!! Because it was amazing to smell and I was pleasantly sunprinted that it didn't leave isabelle with any dry skin patches.

4 - value for money - 

All of the products were really good value for money - aside for the Wipes. I feel there are better quality Wipes available for a cheaper price.

5 - reccomend?? 

Yes! I've already told a few people about the range and how wonderful they smell and will be buying the range for my pregnant friend as a gift.

• Product test on my 14 week old daughter Lyla 

loved the look of the products the bottles are gorgeous and they aren't like anything you see on the shelf at the moment! We loved smelling them and seeing what we got it's exciting!!!

2. When you used the products, how did your baby’s skin feel afterwards? Please post up the picture(s) of your child using the products (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)

My baby has quite rough skin to begin with and other products didn't make her skin feel as smooth and dove did, we used the head to toe wash baby shampoo and body cream and it smells gorgeous and made her skin feel so much better! Such a big hit with us. image

The wipes- pet hate of mine is millions of wipes coming out at once and with baby dove wipes you do not get this issue! they are gentle on the skin and clean easy which I really love, Lyla also enjoyed playing with them too

The nappy cream has also made a huge difference to Lyla she suffered badly with nappy rash and after three attempts it has begun to clear!

our favourite product has to be the shampoo, it smells gorgeous and Lyla has gorgeous ginger hair and it made it look so lovely and washed I couldn't of asked for a better hair product.

i would rate the value saying they are worth what you pay although the bottles could be bigger for what you pay for them!

i have already told my sister about them as she has a 6 week old baby and she has been and tried the shampoo and wipes and she loved them!!

• We are delighted to be chosen to test and review the dove baby products!

I like the appearance of the products, the colour used is very subtle yet catchy. The font size makes it easy to read. The product appears like a lot of time and consideration has been put in. 

The products I first used were the wipes and the nappy cream. The wipes are not excessively wet like other brands as this gets too cold against his skin especially when changing in the middle of the night. Also had issues with other brands where more than one wipe comes out, this does not happen with dove wipes. The nappy cream feels soothing, not like paste and it washes of easily compared to some brands I have used. 

The shampoo and body wash is excellent, i personally love the fragrance and how subtle it is on my sons' tender skin. It's moisturising and his skin appears less dry with each use. He loves having his hair washed, I have also observed that his hair appears well conditioned and soft and not dry unlike before.

The favourite products for me will definitely be the body wash, nappy cream and wipes.

I would say the products provide good value for money if the wash lotion and shampoo were in bigger bottles but that is the price is still about average one would spend on baby products.

I will absolutely recommend dove baby products to all mums and mums to be as is soft, mild and gentle against the baby's tender skin, it moisturises and does not leave the skin dry.

• We loved being testers for Dove's new product range!

Apart from the head to toe product being open so it had leaked in the bag, I thought they looked very professional & undoubtedly recognisable as a Dove product. 

Freddie's skin felt like silk after using the head to toe & moisturiser, and he smelt divine! I was tempted to use some on myself!

His skin is generally pretty good with the exception of his knees from all the speed crawling he does, I've found with other products it doesn't get them back to that baby softness he had before he could crawl, but from using the dove moisturiser they are as good as new!

My favourite product is probably the shampoo, as it leaves his hair so silky & soft but also it smells lovely, I can smell it on him the next day too. 

The products you tested cost between 69p and £3.50. How would you rate them as value for money? 

I feel all the products were good value for money, with the exception of the wipes, I probably wouldn't buy those again as I felt I got a better result with a cheaper brand, but other than that I will be getting the others once we run out. 

Would you recommend the Baby Dove Rich Moisture range to other mums and mums-to-be?

I have already recommended to my NCT mummies & 1 has even used our products when her little boy came to play and got messy, she loved them too and will be purchasing next time she needs bath products. 

• Hi everyone, thanks so much for all your feedback so far. 

sharyoh, we can see there's been a hiccup posting your pictures. Would you like to try again, or alternatively please email them to us at contactus@madeformums.com and we can upload them for you. 

• Hello 

Thank you so much for having us to test Baby Dove products 

First impression was very good. Loved the packaging. Very nice size as well.

First of all we used baby wipes and nappy cream. From first use mostly I was impressed with smell. All the items had such a nice smell. I usually don't buy fragrante baby wipes as it has very strong smell but was very impressed with dove wipes. Smell was very settle, just a right amount of moisture and very strong  (wouldn't rip) and stretchy. 

Nappy cream a bit sticky ( not something I usually go for) but was easy to apply and did the job. After applying on a rash was nearly gone by next nappy change so really pleased. 

Sophie loves having baths as she is aloud to splash the water everywhere 

Was very pleased with baby wash as it didn't made water all bubbly and full of foam but stayed nicely on a skin so I only had to use a little bit. Shampoo made her hair feel very soft and smell very pleasant

After bath her skin was very soft and not dry at all ( sometimes it gets dry with other brands) and hair looked and felled very soft. 

Lotion not sticky easy to apply and skin feels very soft and silky

After all I think my favourite product is a shampoo as I just love how soft and fluffy her hair feels now. And smell so yummy :) I feel like I'm a bit addicted to baby hair smell.

Think this range will be very popular between mummies to be and all who are mummies already as it's definitely very good value for the money. I'm definitely will be purchasing more baby dove products in a future.

I definitely will be recommending baby dove products as I am really pleased with all the products we received ( not received the soap bar yet) great products and very good value for the money 

Sophie usually is very active and get distracted very easy the for sometimes it could be difficult to put her to sleep but after bath using baby dove products so was asleep in a 5 minutes after she got dressed

Thank you for letting us to try your products and we loved them.

• 1. What did you think of the Baby Dove products you received at first sight?

I thought the products looked very upmarket and instantly recognised them as being part of the Dove range from the packaging design and colour choices. They smelt faintly like new baby/talc powder and were not over bearing like some other products.

2. When you used the products, how did your baby’s skin feel afterwards? Please post up the picture(s) of your child using the products (to upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)
    We used the top to toe wash and shampoo first during a joint bath with my two children. The products foamed up well and left my children with wonderfully fluffy hair. We used the lotion and nappy cream post-bath and it slid wonderfully across their skin without leaving a sticky residue. Their skin felt soft and was mildly scented after use. Both my children now ask for 'bath massage' after bathtime now as they loved the sensation on their skin and then smell it left behind.

imageimageimageimage

My favourite product out of the ones tested was the lotion. It's not something we would normally use but having seen how much my children enjoy the massage and the way it leaves their skin so soft I think I will continue to use it.

I think the products offer good value for money. I would be tempted to buy all of the ones we've tried again with exception of the wipes. This is just because we already use an alternative brand of wipe we get on well with which is much cheaper.

Yes I would (and already have) recommend these products to other parents. The products seem gentle on the skin and have a lovely faint new baby type smell to them. They are reasonably priced and look aesthetically nice in the bathroom too.

• Apologies the pictures came out so small! I'll post them again here:

imageimageimageimage

• We are delighted to be chosen to test and review the dove baby products!

I like the appearance of the products, the colour used is very subtle yet catchy. The font size makes it easy to read. The product appears like a lot of time and consideration has been put in. 

The products I first used were the wipes and the nappy cream. The wipes are not excessively wet like other brands as this gets too cold against his skin especially when changing in the middle of the night. Also had issues with other brands where more than one wipe comes out, this does not happen with dove wipes. The nappy cream feels soothing, not like paste and it washes of easily compared to some brands I have used. 

The shampoo and body wash is excellent, i personally love the fragrance and how subtle it is on my sons' tender skin. It's moisturising and his skin appears less dry with each use. He loves having his hair washed, I have also observed that his hair appears well conditioned and soft and not dry unlike before.

The favourite products for me will definitely be the body wash, nappy cream and wipes.

I would say the products provide good value for money if the wash lotion and shampoo were in bigger bottles but that is the price is still about average one would spend on baby products.

I will absolutely recommend dove baby products to all mums and mums to be as is soft, mild and gentle against the baby's tender skin, it moisturises and does not leave the skin dry.

• 1. What did you think of the Baby Dove products you received at first sight?

I thought they looked very presentable and loved how they had changed the blue to a baby blue rather than the usual dark blue.  Some of mine were a bit dirty but I suspect it was more to do with storage and delivery.

After using the body wash, my little boys skin felt very smooth and smelt lovely.  He doesn't have a lot of hair, but the shampoo left what bit of hair he has feeling very soft and very fly away.  Again, it smelt lovely!  I also used a little bit of my 4 year olds hair and his hair was left in great condition, very soft and very shiny.

The nappy cream didn't seem to do much for my little boy, but I think its come at an unfortunate time as he is teething and has a really sore bottom anyway.  I don't think this gave a true reflection, but for me I probably wouldn't use the nappy cream again.

I wasn't very keen on the wipes.  I found they weren't as wet as the ones we usually use and when wiping my sons bottom they did seem a bit difficult to use when wiping.  Again, I don't think I would use the wipes again.

I did, however love the bath stuff so will definitely be buying that again! 

I am trying to upload pictures, but may have to do this separately.

My favourite was the shampoo , just loved the way it left his hair feeling and smelling.

I think they are good value for money, as I know the cream and bath time range would last a long while, so whilst they might be a little bit more expensive to buy I think they will last longer than my usual products.

Yes I would.  I would tell them my reservations around the Nappy Cream and the wipes but would tell them to try them out for themselves :-)

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions