Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hair colours, nearly 40....

Turning 40 soon. 

Really want to get my hair coloured. Some pastel colours in hidden rainbow style or underlights with a few strands showing through. 

Anyone any experience of colouring hair different colours. 

One friend said I'm too old, others say go for it. Just want a bit if fun with my hair for summer? 

Am I mad? image

Replies

• DO IT!!!! I have long dark hair, i'm 39 and i am itching to get something done! I just saw a friend on instagram and she has chestnut hair and had an ombre rose gold effect on the ends - looks gorgeous! If you're in London, you have to check out a place called Not Another Salon - google them for amazing inspiration! 

• I'm 38 & have pastel peach hair (using the Live self colouring kits). Lots of other mums at school have also tried pastels & brights (Silver, Purple, Turqoise, Pink, mixes...). If you have the confidence to wear it then go for it. You can buy temporary sprays in colour in pastels & brights now too if you want a demo run first

• Kazzie M, won't you show us our hair pleeeeassse! 

• Think I'm goin to have to get hair dyed totally blonde 1st then go from there as the tips are copper & red at min. Any advise on good type of colours to use at home & which to avoid?