Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Miscarrige at 5 weeks ttc #1 for 20months

Hiya I was looking for some advice please. I am having a miscarrige at the moment I was only approx 5 weeks. Hospital have confirmed yesterday my HCG levels have dropped to 7 so have confirmed it is a miscarrige. So my husband and I have been ttc #1 for approx 20months with no hint of a bfp, we was actually talking about going for tests soon but last week I got a bfp on 8 cb tests, hospital confirmed I was but wanted me to come back for tests as my levels was low and I was bleeding. So as I say it was confirmed I'm having a miscarrige which we was completely heart broken over the news. 

It scares me that it will take us as long to conceive again. Does anyone have any success stories where you was ttc for a long time, had a miscarrige and concieved again shortly after? I am going to wait until my next period to start trying again but I just need a little hope 😔

Replies

• I had 2 miscarriages in a row and finally got my rainbow baby hes now 11 weeks old we was trying for 18months x

• Thank you so much for your reply. Did it take you long to conceive the both times after that? I'm so sorry to hear about the two losses you had but really happy to hear you now have your bundle of joy :) xxx

• It took a about 4-5 months between both losses but I wasn't ovulating every month so thats why it took longer i was getting bloods done each month and wouldnt ovulate for a few months then would do one month. Hopefully this isn't your problem you can request bloods from your dr to see you get them on day 3 of your period and day 21 of your cycle to see if you have ovualted 

you will get your baby 😊

• Thank you for the advice. I will see when my next period turns up and go from there. It's stories like yours that's gives me hope 😊 The positive it that we now we can conceive so we have to take a big positive away from this :) xxx

• There is a light at the end of the tunnel 😊 Good luck xx

• Thank you 😊 Xxx