Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

PCOS & running out of faith!

Hi all, this is my first time writing on here or actually speaking about my pcos. I was diagnosed when I was 20 I am now 26, never been pregnant and struggling to conceive I tried with my ex partner tried metformin and Clomid and nothing. My then doctor told me he didn't want to see me again until I lost weight. That relationship ended and now I'm ttc in a new relationship I am overweight and struggling to lose it. I'm back on metformin 500mg twice a day but it doesn't seem to be doing much no period or nothing and if possible more hair in places it shouldn't be then before. I am so desperate for a baby it's severely effecting my mental health. Can anyone suggest anything that could maybe help or suggest anything I could push my now doctor for? Thank you 😊

Replies

• Options

I know just how crappy you must be feeling right now and for that I am really sorry. DH and I have been ttc for two years now this May. We had a BFP in November but it did not last long. We lost the little one 3 weeks into the pregnancy. It was so painful and traumatizing, we didn't even get the time to tell our families. After seeing my OB about my troubles, she started me on Clomid and Provera to try an increase the chances when ttc. After one cycle, nothing had happened and at around that time my insurance changed and I lost my OB. By this time however, I was starting to have regular periods again. I wasn't worried about the whole thing and had hope that if I try again the old fashioned way it would work this time. Well, again, things did not go according to plan because soon my periods stopped, and I hit the same wall again. I found a new doctor, who in my opinion was much beter from my first one. He decided to run some blood tests and an U/S on me to see whether she could get to the bottom of it all. Sure enough, PCOS was the culprit. I was very devastated at first but after a few weeks and a lot of talking with DH, I calmed down. Last week I started metformin to get the ball rolling, and we will then look to clomid and provera in case metformin does not work out. We are hoping to get a BFP by December but we are trying to manage our expectations as much as we can. I think this is the right place with the right people to talk to. All you need right now is some major support and positivity.