Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Reviews on Pregnacare Conception?

2»

Replies

• They are just multivitamins to help your body have all it needs if you get pregnant. Sadly there is no magic pill to get us pregnant

If you feel you are lacking vitamins in your diet by all means give them a try 

• I tried Pregnacare but it gave me daily migraines and lower back pain. Went back to plain folic acid and they went away! 

• I have been taking pregnacare conceptions tablet since last 15 days. My menstrual cycle is being delayed for more than a week now. I always had a regular cycle of 27-28 days. UPT showed I am not pregnant. After reading review, I realised it is because of pregnancare and have stopped taking it since today. I was wondering when I will get my period. After how many days of stopping this medications? We were planning to conceive this month or next month. My periods are messed up because of this tablets

• Unfortunately in this game you can't plan to conceive. Your period will arrive approx 2 weeks after ovulation. It's ovulation you need to track and then you will know when is best to try and when your period is due. the point between ov and period doesn't change. Some ladies have 10 days between o and period, some have 16 days. The average is 2 weeks. 

Its the luck of the draw getting pregnant, just making sure you have sex during your fertile week. 

• Hi 

Found your post very interesting. I had no issues conceiving my first two babies, falling pregnant within 2 to 3 month of trying. But third time around I started taking Pregnacare Conception and havnt been getting pregnant after a year trying. I have now stopped taking it to see if it may have been affecting me. 

Best,

GG

• I stopped talking them after they seemes to make my cycle longer. I spoke to a pharmacist and she said there was a lot of one of the vitamins (300-400% of recommended daily intake) and this was probably affecting my cycle. I can't remember which vitamin it was now, so I changed to Boots own brand of conception vitamins and my cycles have been fine x  

• Hi everyone, I replied to this thread back in Jan 2016. (Third or fourth comment ish I think) anyway, my daughter is 2 in October 😊

I found out I was pregnant not long after writing that comment, so if you're on them, don't give up and don't lose hope! (Side note: daughter smeared lipstick all over the sofa and new carpet today, parenting is fun lol)

I received email notification that somebody had commented yesterday on this thread so figured I'd sign in and update you all. 

• Hi, I was on here originally too, I now have a 15 month old, I stopped taking these after I had 2 miscarriages and then found out I was pregnant with my daughter.  I was using pregnenolone cream after I was trying for roughly 4 years to fall pregnant (had my 2 mc during this time) but I only used the cream after my 2nd mc and then fell within 3 months xxx

• Hi, 

I’m 5 months TTC and was taking pregnacare conception. Just switched to normal multivitamins with iron and folic acid. It’s exactly the same thing but hell of a lot cheaper.

xx

• scribble said:

I took pregnacare for a little while but I think it changed my cycle, made it a week longer than usual, 41 days! I've never had a cycle that long before so I think it was the pregnacare as that was only thing I did different that month. image I just take folic acid supplement on its own now. 

You may be right.  I started mine middle of last month and it took my cycle to 41days  unbelievable 
  • Hi!
    I took pregnacare before conception.First box(first month everything was good and my cycle was normal and in time)...now after the second box...my cycle is late (5 days already) and I am not pregnant. I didn't start the 3rd box...
    Can you let me know if the next cycle was coming as normal? (For those that pass through same situation)
    Thanks 😞
  • Hi!
    I took pregnacare before conception.First box(first month everything was good and my cycle was normal and in time)...now after the second box...my cycle is late (5 days already) and I am not pregnant. I didn't start the 3rd box...
    Can you let me know if the next cycle was coming as normal? (For those that pass through same situation)
    Thanks 😞

It should normalize but it may not be I one cycle or immediately.  I stopped on my cd4 of this current cycle  and I am CD 12 today. So is till end of the cycle that I can evaluate that  because this my current cycle is estimated for 32days. So if it worked,  it means is normalizing.  But both  my Opk nd bbt looks better now that am off pregnacare

• Hi!
    Thanks 😞

Many chats here are old. You can  sign up on made for mum  online forum and join trying to conceive  group. The in trying to conceive group,  you can  choose to chat on trying to conceive in May group  or June group. That is where current and regular members chat every day.  Search for Made for Mums online,  click on the first link, sign up,  choose the forum you want to be in(trying to conceive) and the chose the month either May or June. We were all in May but as May brought nothing,  we moved to June but almost everyone still chat in but May room and June room.
  • Hi, I'm trying to conceive for 2 months for 1st time. My period's cycle is normal. Although I'm taking pregnacare conception pills and folic acid regularly and also trying to conceive in fertile window. What should i do to get pregnant fast? Need help urgently...