Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant, long bleed, have to go back in 3 weeks - going crazy

I found out 2 weeks on wed that I was preg and doctor felt my stomach and said I couldn't be anymore than 3 weeks, so by Wednesday ad be 4 or 5 weeks going with the dates and felling my stomach, I started bleeding last Tuesday and period pain cramps the cramps were really sore for 1 day but the bleeding continued for 4/5 days. my boobs stopped hurting but gradually they are starting to hurt again but nothing like before the bleeding, anyway I went to hospital today for a scan to see If I had miscarried or if was just the common bleeding a lot of lady's have doctor done a scan on my stomach and couldn't see anything, then done an eternal scan and still couldn't see anything, no sac no nothing but said cause I was so early on it could just be to early to see, they gave me a hospital preg test and told me I have to return in 3 weeks and take the test on the 23rd not b4 or after cause by then my hormones levels will have remained as still preg or miscarried. this not knowing is driving me crazy ive took a normal shop preg test and was still saying preg!! has this happened to anyone? does it sound bad? can my c section scars make it harder to see as I have had 2 in past

Replies

• I am with you on this, I took 3 pregnancy tests and all come up positive, so I went to ER so they could confirm that I am pregnant, before they had even booked me he told me I had miscarried? I was confused because on Wednesday when I see him I wasn't bleeding or in any pain. So he went off and done my bloods and come back and said my bloods are saying I am pregnant hcg level was 6. Now we are on Friday and I'm having mild cramps and a little bleeding I'm absolutely petrified! .. I'm due to go back tomorrow on Saturday to have my bloods done and I've got to stay on the ward :-/ which I'm confused about... however I'm so so scared that I have miscarried but I'm not in pain and my bleeding is not heavy!

It's crazy how they are making you wait 3 weeks! You must be going out of your mind! I've only had to wait 2 days and I've been pacing around so much! I dread to think what you are going through however I do hope it's a positive out come for you xx

• Hello there. I am so sorry for what you are currently undergoing. Living in a dilemma whether you are pregnant or not. If you have been waiting for this baby I can guess how heartbreaking it feels right now. I would advise you not to despair. You should first be certain of the results before making conclusions. However, miscarriage bleeding different. It is kinda different from the normal bleeding. I have seen miscarriages before but I cannot give you my conclusion. Maybe the child was so small that could not be seen via scanning. Or also the two different C-section affected the process. I would really like if you were optimistic.   Not all the times things go the way we expect. You should just prepare your m8nd for whatever outcome. All the best.

• I am so sorry for what you are currently undergoing. Living in a dilemma whether you are pregnant or not. If you have been waiting for this baby I can guess how heartbreaking it feels right now. I would advise you not to despair. You should first be certain of the results before making conclusions. However, miscarriage bleeding different. It is kinda different from the normal bleeding. I have seen miscarriages before but I cannot give you my conclusion. Maybe the child was so small that could not be seen via scanning. Or also the two different C-section affected the process. I would really like if you were optimistic.   Not all the times things go the way we expect. You should just prepare your m8nd for whatever outcome. All the best.