Forum home General Chat General chat

Bad neighbour

Hi,

not sure If this is the correct feed area, but I received a letter through my post, as I am on a year probation in my house and so are the neighbours in the area.

but I have received a letter through my mail box saying the following “can you stop waking the neighbourhood up at stupid hours by reving your engine, door slamming and shouting. Have consideration for the people with babies and children. Anymore of this I will report you to the (housing company) and the council“

I understand this is a fair point, but blown out of proportion, but they do not know, I have to take my girlfriend to work at “stupid hours” as we leave at half 4 And I return home half an hour later. The reason for the rev‘s is because another neibour (I assume this anonymous complainer) parks very close to rear end and I have take time to get out and waking up at half 4, also As I am a new driver  as been driving since February. I am curtious as I keep my headlights of while doing my manoovers to get to the main road, as I do not want them beaming in people houses. As for the slamming door this could be car doors or front door. We have a dodgy front door, and have trouble locking it, also for car doors, this is an issue I can not control And shouting we don’t even talk at that time in the morning, only time we speak if we have trouble locking the door.

im wondering is there is any ground of this? And how can I handle this situation? do I confront? Or take this letter as a threatning evidence?

Replies

• Hello. I try to understand the reason to why your neighbor wrote you that mail. From your part you feel you have to defend yourself. Which is not bad. Waking at such hours to take your girlfriend to work is not bad either. When you are preparing to leave in the morning try not to cause any loud sounds. If the doors have problems fix them. Now that you are new at driving, try to drive carefully and silently too. I have ever lived in a neighborhood where there was such noise and my child was just some moths old. I can tell you how irritating it is. Try to understand your neighbors and be considerate. Especially those with children. Later in life your wife might go through the same. Whatever that you are making other women go through. If some other things cannot be fixed kindly let the neighbor know and try to be considerate with you too. Just solve the issue as mature people and prevent taking each other to council or whatever it is. All the best.

• I try to understand the reason to why your neighbor wrote you that mail. From your part you feel you have to defend yourself. Which is not bad. Waking at such hours to take your girlfriend to work is not bad either. When you are preparing to leave in the morning try not to cause any loud sounds. If the doors have problems fix them. Now that you are new at driving, try to drive carefully and silently too. I have ever lived in a neighborhood where there was such noise and my child was just some moths old. I can tell you how irritating it is. Try to understand your neighbors and be considerate. Especially those with children. Later in life your wife might go through the same. Whatever that you are making other women go through. If some other things cannot be fixed kindly let the neighbor know and try to be considerate with you too. Just solve the issue as mature people and prevent taking each other to council or whatever it is. All the best.