Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Torn about having a fourth baby

Hi all! I am a mummy of two boys (7 and 4) and a girl (11 months) After having my girl I was convinced that was it, done and dusted, finished, family complete.

However, after going to get the coil fitted, I am now finding myself really wanting a fourth( I honestly didn't want any more-hence having the coil!) It's not even the fact I would like another girl, I just want another. 

My partner was very much the same as me but he is saying that if I want one then he is OK with that.

The thing that worries me is that my partner is already working 6 days a week, 12 hours a day to provide for us all and adding another little one to the family will add more strain and preasure on him to maintain financial stability( I stopped working after we had our third) We would also more than likely need to move house and get a seven seater car.

Are there any mummies of four on here who could share their experience of having a fourth please? 

Tia. :) 

Replies

• Hi there Natalier90. Having another baby comes with its own responsibilities. As you have earlier shared that there is already some financial strains. I have only one child and currently do not even feel to add another. I feel the child has a lot of things to be considered. I do not want to raise children who will not live a comfortable life. Try to understand your husband is working himself off just because of you. He might be okay with you having another child but am sure he is already feeling the pain of the three children already. But if both of you are okay with it its fine. Although I would also advise you work so that you help your husband in finances. In this generation people want few children. Majority utmost being three children. Its funny how you want more instead. Anyway, you have freedom for anything you want in your family. All the best.

• Thank you for your reply. I would like to stress that before hand i worked full time up until my eldest was diagnosed with type one diabetes ( 2015) then part time until i went on maternity last November, so please be assured I have, and am willing to work to provide for my family. The only reason I am currently not working is that our childminder couldnt have all three of our children during school holidays. 

I appreciate your advice. It is obviously something that needs much thought before we decide. 

• Having another baby comes with its own responsibilities. As you have earlier shared that there is already some financial strains. I have only one child and currently do not even feel to add another. I feel the child has a lot of things to be considered. I do not want to raise children who will not live a comfortable life. Try to understand your husband is working himself off just because of you. He might be okay with you having another child but am sure he is already feeling the pain of the three children already. But if both of you are okay with it its fine. Although I would also advise you work so that you help your husband in finances. In this generation people want few children. Majority utmost being three children. Its funny how you want more instead. Anyway, you have freedom for anything you want in your family. All the best.