Forum home Family life & relationships Single parents

Ex partner refusing to contact children! HELP!

Hi all :) 

I have twin daughters aged 5 with my ex  boyfriend, we moved house 7 months ago and he hasn't made any effort to contact his children unless I contact him, he has spoken to them both 4 times in 7 months and shows no interest at all, so I  decided  I'm not gonna chase him anymore for contact and he can contact me, he has all of my telephone numbers including my address and where my children go to school, and he made the effort once, only to tell me two months ago that he doesn't want anything to do with his children due to him moving on with his new girlfriend who is now pregnant, before me he also did this to another child who is now 7 years old, so my question is even though he wants nothing to do with his children can I still try and claim CSA? I have all his details apart from his address and I don't think he should get away with this! It's completely unfair on my children and I've had to deal with a lot of heartbreaks and tears etc one of my daughters we think is autistic so things can be very difficult at times, please please help mummies 

all I want to know is can I claim CSA even thought he wants nothing to do with my children? 

Thanks in advance, I really hope someone can help! 

Replies

• I'm pretty sure you can make a claim but they suggest you come to an agreement first. I'd recommend contacting citizens advice.

Your daughters have a great mum I'm sure and don't need someone like that in their lives but he is still financially responsible. 

• Hi mummies
    Sorry for everything that is happening around you and your children. I know how difficult it is to fend for children single-handedly, but I know that if you are determined, you can still make it. Besides that, I feel that your X is not fair to his children. He needs to be forced to understand that he is the biological father of the children and that nothing can change the facts. Unfortunately, it appears that is how he behaves. You have pointed out that he did the same thing to another woman and so you are his second victim. You have also told us that the reason why he does not want you to get in touch with him is that he has moved in with another girl who apparently is expectant. I think the best thing you should do is to pursue him relentlessly. This way, it will help the new girl know the type of a man she is dealing with, and it may make him see the logic and change the way he operates. About claiming his CSA, it is my considered opinion that you try to do so. I am sure you stand a better chance of benefitting.

• Hello there. I understand the type of confusion that you are currently undergoing. I am actually amused of your ex behaviors. I know of fathers who are so proud of their children. Another amusing thing is that it is not his first time. If he left his first born child without care till now the baby is 7years old. He must be a monster. Who can leave his children without care in the world? Nevertheless, I am proud that you do care for your children. You should now start working hard as you will play both roles. According to my understanding you can still claim child support. The children are his so he is supposed to send child care finances. If you leave him to go free it will be a habit. He will go and have children with another woman and not care of the children. Is this how you want your child to live? Hopefully no. Claim for your children CSA so that their father will learn responsibilities. With all these said I hope you choose wisely. All the best.

• I will be straight with you. How could you be so blind and go with that horrible person in a first place?! You must have known about the child he had before you. And how he was neglecting that child. After all that, you went with him and have those two little girls. I feel sorry for them, really, but not for you. The choice you made should have been much much better. Go to court, juice all the money from him, and get smart! Don´t go and make the same wrong choices again! Think before you do it!

• I understand the type of confusion that you are currently undergoing. I am actually amused of your ex behaviors. I know of fathers who are so proud of their children. Another amusing thing is that it is not his first time. If he left his first born child without care till now the baby is 7years old. He must be a monster. Who can leave his children without care in the world? Nevertheless, I am proud that you do care for your children. You should now start working hard as you will play both roles. According to my understanding you can still claim child support. The children are his so he is supposed to send child care finances. If you leave him to go free it will be a habit. He will go and have children with another woman and not care of the children. Is this how you want your child to live? Hopefully no. Claim for your children CSA so that their father will learn responsibilities. With all these said I hope you choose wisely. All the best.