Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

December 2016 Toddlers

Hello.

This is a new thread for the lovely folks from our December 2016 Babies Club, whose equally lovely babies are now turning one and heading into toddlerhood!

If you have a toddler (born in December 2016), do please feel free to post here, too, and join in. You'd be very welcome and they're a nice, friendly lot!

Replies

• Our babies our turning into toddlers.....how did that happen? I feel like it was only last week I was sat here on maternity leave enjoying my last few weeks of sleeping whenever I want and relaxing!!! Now I have an 11 month old due to turn 1 on Dec 29th!!

We have had a lovely year watching her grown into a fabulous little girl and can’t wait to see what the next 12 months will bring!!

Hope everyone is doing well.x

• Matthew & Amelia are already 1 as of 8th November & are now growing fast. We are enjoying the big kid foods (chicken dippers, cocktail sausages, breadsticks, pizza, chips, wotsits, chocolate, carrot sticks...) & Matthew has now found his appetite at long last. Amelia has 8 teeth & is currently cutting her canines (so is licking & chomping on everything including the stair gate...). Matthew has 4 teeth but is also cutting 2 more at present.

Along with the joys of eating we are now starting to climb & Amelia has even braved some attempts at cruising. Matthew is the better at standing but has yet to figure out that he needs to move his feet as well as his hands when cruising (lots of face planting at present...).

As officially 1yr old we have had our letters through for the 12-13mth vaccinations 🙈 Not looking forward to these ones as 4 lots involved - dtap, mmr, meningitis b & meningitis c. Will let you know how we get on once done.

Hope all other December babies are well as 1st birthdays approach. X

• Wow, what an experience & demonstration of personality. 

Matthew had his vaccines 1st. Now bear in mind that there are 4 - 1 in each arm & leg, he gave a small grizzle & then sat smiling away. 

Amelia screamed from the point of Matthew's grizzle  (bear in mind, we haven't even started undressing her at this point) all the way through until we were back in the waiting area. 

I can safely say that both myself & nurse are pleased with Matthew & super glad Amelia doesn't need any more vaccines until 3.5yrs old 😂😂😂

• Have you got a child aged 5-9 years old? If so, we're looking for parents and children to take part in our latest product test for a children's app and personalised book. To find out more, please see this thread. There's a £200 voucher up for grabs too!

• Well now 15mths old & wow...

Matthew is still under paediatrician & dietetics for slow weight gain. We have now reached the investigation phase (blood & urine samples done) to see whether there are any issues causing the slow gain or if it is just Matthew being himself. Meanwhile he is now the avid cruiser of furniture attempting to run before he can walk.

Amelia has been less bothered about the attempting to stand & cruise, determining she can get about faster on all 4s for now. She is also clinging on to the baby jars preferring 'mashed foods' to the more solid (dippers, chips, Pizza now all shoved aside ).

Older girls are on half term holidays & Mummy's about to embark on swimming teacher training  (Daddy gets the full time parent role for a change. Maybe he might just appreciate what goes into looking after 4 children all day by the end of this week 😉)

Hope others are doing well. X

• Want to take part in our latest product test? It's for Fifi & Friends baby care range and there's a £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs. Just go to: Talk To Us for how to sign up. 

• Want to take part in our latest product test? 
    We're looking for babies aged 4 to 15 months to try out a Fisher-Price Activity Stand worth £100 (which you ge to keep!) And there's a £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs. 
    Just go to Latest Posts to sign up!