Forum home Product Tests Product tests

HiPP Organic Jars product test: the feedback thread

Hello.

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the HiPP Organic jars for us, as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

You should have received your jars, or they’re speeding their way to you right now! Do have fun with your baby testing out the variety of jars, and please do take some pictures of your baby, tasting the food.

Then, please give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 4 questions:

1.What were your first thoughts of the jars when you saw them?
2. When you tried the jars, what did you think of them? Please tell us your thoughts on the smell, texture, look and taste; especially if you tasted some yourself!
3. Which flavours did your baby enjoy the most? Please upload a picture of your child eating one of the HiPP Organic meals with your answer. (To upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)
4. Having now tried these jars, would you recommend HiPP Organic Jars to a friend? 

Everyone who leaves quality feedback and answers all 4 of our questions and posts pictures (and is part of our product test) will be put into a draw to win a £150 Love2Shop voucher.

Thank you so much – and good luck!

HiPP Organic have over 60 years experience providing organic baby food and 60 nutritious organic jar recipes to choose from.

Replies

• i was pleased when i recieved these jars i love trying new products , they looked bright and colourful very appealing i could see that they clearly had the age 7 + months and organic on them . there was a great selection 14 jars ,7 different varieties a mix of savoury and sweet .

so far we have tried the cottage pie(smelt like cottage pie mix of puree with small lumps tasted like tomatoey cottage pie)

chocolate and banana dessert (smelt as described nice thick pud tasted chocolatey with a hint of banana flavour)

and vegetable lasagne (puree with pasta pieces and veg lumps) tasted like a veg lasagne too. my little boy enjoyed them all and wolfed them down, cant wait to try the others imageimage

• Hi ruthr79, thank you so much for your feedback so far, we're so glad you're enjoying the product test so far. 
    Do please come back again and let us know how you get on with the rest of the jars when you've tried them all. 
    Also, please do answer all the questions, one you've finished. Thank you 😊

2. When you tried the jars, what did you think of them? Please tell us your thoughts on the smell, texture, look and taste; especially if you tasted some yourself!
    3. Which flavours did your baby enjoy the most? Please upload a picture of your child eating one of the HiPP Organic meals with your answer. 
    4. Having now tried these jars, would you recommend HiPP Organic Jars to a friend? 

• Hi all, We're testing the 6 month + jars and so far we have tested one of each. 

Tomato and Corgette :She loved it, practically licked the bowl clean! I tried a little but not to my taste 😂. Definitely smelt fresh and it comes out of Bibs a lot easier than the orange jars we have had so far! 

Mediterranean veg: another successful test, pretty much the same as above! She was still asking for more after i'd scraped every last bit from the bowl and the jar! This one had slightly more texture to it, not lumps but a few herbs were lingering, while Harper didn't struggle i suppose a smaller first timer could. I just made sure she had a drink every now and then. 

Creamed porridge: She hated it. We got about 4 or 5 spoons in and she just refused it. She normally has porridge for Brunch (heinz flavoured one) which is a bit thicker and of course fruit flavoured so we had to abandon it lol one thing i will say is the other jarred porridge we have tried has always separated once it's cooled a little, this one stayed perfect while it sat abandoned on the kitchen side lol

Banana yoghurt: well she bit my hand off almost! Good texture to it and it really smelt fresh like banana, not like the artificial smell you get with some. I think the picture below says how much she enjoyed it!

Ive been curious about Hipp for a while, more so if it was different enough to warrant the proce difference when compared to heinz or cow & gate and i think it definitely is. I noticed that the glass jars are also slightly different to the other brands! We are..."Up-cycling"...lots of jars as Christmas presents this year and they are slightly bigger i think. 

• Hi, we finished our last one tonight.

they looked simple and not overly fussy. (Which I like)  

i didn’t taste but for the lost part Lucie enjoyed! We had he 6+ jars.

creamsd porridge- did not like. Smelled of porridge BT was very very watery. from opening to putting in bowl it just became thinner and thinner. lucie did not like the flavour ans trying to get it into spoon was a challenge due to being so thin. We abandoned this one too (as above).

banana breakfast - thisbwas her favourite! I’ve since bought more and a few of the other yoghurt flavours. Nice texture and smelled of ripe banana!

med veg- ate half the jar then seemes to become bored of the flavour. It smelled nice and again was a good texture. 2nd jar of this she did eat more, would probably buy this again too.

courgette pasta- she was initially unsure but soon got into it and finished most of jar Whilst getting in a right mess (pic to follow). As above did wash well from clothes though.

spag Bol - this is a flavour we have tried before and Lucie doesn’t like (not just HiPP we have tried other brands and homemade) so wasn’t really fair to have an opinion. Smelled of a fresh homemade bolonaise and texture wise was thick but smooth.

3. Which flavours did your baby enjoy the most? Please upload a picture of your child eating one of the HiPP Organic meals with your answer. 

Definitely banana breakfast. (Most of this answer is above in q2)

imageimageimageimage

I would yes. I feel most of the time we could get two meals from a jar and when on special offer they become good value for money. Especially for organic!

• Sorry for all the typos I have two girls splashing me in the bath at present lol!

• Hi Bluehawaii90, thank you for your feedback so far. Do please come back again and tell us how you got on with the final flavour, and please do answer all the questions below. Thank you 😊

• Sorry Danielle, I thought I'd answered them in the reply. 

Same as most other baby food jars, slightly more informative packaging. Almost like Health food, not exactly sure why but it reminded me of the "Natural food" bars you see. I guess it's the Organic, "good for you" twist. 

My Daughter loved all but the porridge. Im normally a bit squeamish about baby food but these smelt like the actual food they were claiming. Why does most Baby flod tend to be orange? It colours everything! Thankfully this was easier to get out than otger brands. The Mediterranean veg has more texture to it than the other. Individual reviews above. 

3. Which flavours did your baby enjoy the most? Please upload a picture of your child eating one of the HiPP Organic meals with your answer. (To upload a pic, click the little camera icon at the top right of the 'Add your reply' box)

It's close between Banana yoghurt and Spag bol. Probably Spag bol because we didn't spill any! Picture of her eating the Banana yoghurt is  in original post.

Yes. We hadn't tried any HiPP products before now as I always thought they were pricey (supermarkets have Heinz and C&G @ 12 for £6 so we have always gone for the cheapest option as she has wasted so mqny before). Im definitely inclined to buy these if i can get them slightly cheaper with a deal or something. 

• Dammit, i spent ages putting the questions in bold! 

Also, Spag Bol: Natural smell, colour and consistency, held together well after cooling slightly and stirring. She really liked this one! So much so that while I was holding a loaded spoon, I was distracted by the Dog trying to lick the bowl that i didnt notice her lean forward and taking it straight off the spoon herself! I like Spag Bol but didn't like the taste of this one, I thought it tasted slightly bland but i'm used to making my own. Harper enjoyed it so it's a winner in my book!

• Bluehawaii90, that's awesome - thank you so much! MilliesMummyx thank you for your feedback too. 

• When the jars first arrived we were pleasantly surprised with the way they looked and the size. They clearly had the age 7+ months on them, the packaging on the jars were lovely, the colours were a nice addition and fun. They were very informative. We liked the colours as I lay them out in front of my son so he could choose which one he wanted! My son doesn’t eat a huge amount so the jars can last for three meals as the size is nice, really value for money. Love that they are organic, we are a very organic family so this is very appealing. What I liked most about it was there was it stayed quite solid, usually we get the ones in the pouches and they come out runny and really difficult to feed my son. 

My son first picked out the spag Bol, I heated it up and it had a really nice smell to it, the consistence was lovely and the lumps were a good size and my son enjoyed it very much. 

Next we tried the noodles, again smelled lovely, this was my sons least favourite, he didn’t really open his mouth up for this as much and didn’t eat as much. 

Then we had veg lasagna, opened it up and smelled lovely, i was concerned because the lumps were quite big, really thought he wouldn’t like it but, we were really surprised to find that he actually did like it! We will defiantly be getting that again! 

The cottage pie, was nicer than other brands. Much nicer constancy and he really enjoyed it. 

The vegetables with noodles, smelled nice but my don didn't enjoy it as much as the others, it has a good consistency.

He absolutely loves the cocoa and banana pudding, he ate half the pot, amazing! He has recently gone of his food so this is really good. 

We got a nice surprise with the mango and yogurt as we didn’t see it was separated on top which meant when we got down to the bottom my son ate more because it was different. He nearly ate the whole pot!

He had the porridge this morning, smelled really oaty and healthy! It says it has lumps in it but we didn't find any. Usually he doesn’t eat his porridge, tried so many different types and flavours and he actually opened his mouth for it!

My son enjoyed all of them, he particularly enjoyed the cocoa and banana pudding and the mango and yogurt pudding, he has a sweet tooth. He preferred the lasagna and spaghetti and cottage pie the most. 

imageimage

I woulddefinitely recommend these jars, really lovely product and great value. 

• 1.What were your first thoughts of the jars when you saw them?

I thought they looked appealing. The green hills make the product look organic and fresh.

Thomas had his mouth open begging for more after every spoonful! He really seemed to enjoy the jars. I tried the spaghetti bolognaise myself and was impressed. I thought it tasted fresh, and it was recognisable as spaghetti bolognaise. All the jars we had were very smooth. Perfect for a baby new to weaning. Thomas is 7 months old now and I prefer him to have more textured food as he is doing very well at getting used to lumps. But had I tested the 6 month jars when he had just turned 6 months I would be very happy with how smooth and easy to swallow they are. There is no concern of choking, and for a baby new to weaning I'm sure this would be perfect. All the jars smelt as I expected. No unnatural smells, they smell exactly like the food they are. I was also very pleased to see a short list of ingredients. The orange jars were very bright and stained Thomas' face, but this is to be expected with foods containing tomatoes. And after a good scrub he came clean! 

Spaghetti bolognaise by far! I couldn't get it on the spoon fast enough for him, he loved it!

Yes I would. They are easy to transport and use. We used them cold when out and about, so easy, and Thomas didn't mind at all. They also seem like a healthy option. I prefer to cook myself from scratch, but with such natural ingredients I would happily use and recommend these as a quick and easy meal.

• My little boy and I were happy to be chosen as testers for Hipp Organic Jars and couldn't wait to get started when the products arrived.

On opening the jars they smelled pleasant and looked appetizing. Scott has an airway defect and can struggle with textures, but the the consistency of Hipp Organic Jars was just right for him.

After tasting all jars, Scott's favourites were the savoury jars. He absolutely loved the spaghetti and mozzarella, chicken and noodle, and lasagne. He also enjoyed the fruit layer jars as dessert.

The creamy porridge and chocolate/banana dessert , he wasn't very keen on. On tasting the porridge I did find it a little bland.

Overall, we were extremely happy with these products and would most definitely recommend them to our Mummy friends. The fact that my little boy can eat them without choking was a huge plus for us.  

Thank you for choosing us to test Hipp Organic.

Nice, clear packaging stating the age it was aimed at, and the colour of the food itself looked natural. 

Spaghetti Bolognaise: Smelled really good and tasted like 'proper' home made spag bol. Leo really enjoyed it and finished the jar very quickly. 

Mediterranean vegetables with aubergine: Leo didn't seem too sure about this one, but finished the jar anyway. I thought it smelled nice. 

Penne with tomato and courgette: the consistancy was very firm and almost jelly like. Leo happily finished the whole jar. 

Creamed porridge breakfast: Leo wasn't keen on this at all! He had a few mouthfuls and then started spitting it out. I thought the texture felt like it was congealed and when I tasted it I thought it very bland and unappetizing. 

Banana yoghurt breakfast: this smelled lush, really fresh. I thought it was more like a yummy pudding than a breakfast dish. Leo loves banana so I knew this one would go down well. 

The spag bol and the Banana yoghurt breakfast were definately Leo's favourite. With both of them he was swallowing very quickly and opening his mouth begging for more! 

I would certainly recommend HiPP as a brand, and most of the flavours were really nice.

image image

• We were delighted when we received our jars, and put them to the test when staying with Grandparents for the weekend.

The jars were clearly labelled and knowing they were organic too was fantastic. I have always made Noah's meals.

Noah is a competent eater, we have tried the following:

Creamy porridge: 

Noah loved this and the whole jar was gone within minutes (he normally has weetabix for breakfast), it smelt like porridge and Noah was demanding spoon after spoon so think it's safe to say he loved it!. I must admit I didn't try this one as can't stand porridge.

Heart cottage pie: 

When I opened this jar up, the smell reminded me of the meal. I tried this myself and was pleasantly surprised that it tasted quite familiar. 

Again Noah demolished the food, he didn't have any troubles with the lumps at all.

Vegetable lasagne:  this jar had quite large lumps of pasta in, compared to other jars Noah tried. He has had pasta before and managed well with the lumps. It smelled nice and got a lot of ummms from Noah demanding more.

Chocolate and banana pudding: Have to admit I tried this one too. Was very tasty and Daddy agreed too. Think Daddy wanted his own jar! 

I only gave Noah half a jar after his dinner for two days. Kept nice in the fridge. Smelt of banana and chocolate. 

Mango and banana topped with yogurt: this has gone down a treat today at lunch. Noah has been teething so enjoyed the nice smooth texture. 

When I opened the jar it didn't look to nice and reminded me of the porridge but digging down to the bottom of the jar to get the fruit mixture. Noah enjoyed this one the most, with his excited arms flappy for each mouth full.

I have since gone out and brought some more different flavours to keep the changing bag stocked up for day trips out. 

I would definitely recommend HIPP jars to my mummy friends and have mentioned about the product testing we have undertaken.

Noah and I have been very pleasantly surprised with the jars.imageimageimage

i like the style and the design of the jars. I think they stick out on the shelf better than other competitors. The use of bright colours catches the eye. 

i thought the jars where good portions for the 6month Old baby. My son eats about 2/3 of the jar as his current age. The smells of the jars I thought are great. They all smell different and they actually smell like the meal/ingredients that are labeled on the jar, unlike some jars of baby food. The texture was ok the creamy porridge was way to running. Maybe it would be good for babies weaning early but my son hated how running it was, it also just kept getting running the more it was in the bowl. The texture if the savoury jars seemed better (thicker), my son does like the thicker baby food. The look of the food in the jars is also good. They are not all orange like most baby food jars. Also a bonus when washing bibs as the food does  not seem to stain as much which is also a bonus. I like the look of the baby food too as you can see all the different ingrediants in the jars. i did taste some when testing the heat of the baby food. I was impressed on how they all tasted different and how they also tasted like the meal they was meant to. My son also liked the taste to start off he pulled funny faces but soon started eating loads of it ! Success. 

my sons favourite flavour was the penne with courgette and tomato. He also loved the spag bol, bannana porridge and Mediterrian veg He did not  like the creamy porridge

Yes I would I wouldent recommend the porridge jars at the present recipe but i would definitely recommend the savoury/ dinner jars. i have already told friends and family about them. They are currently more expensive than other well known brands hipp are currently 7 jars for £5 in most supermarkets where as other jars such as cow and gate and Heinz are 10 for £5 so this is the only down side but if you prefer the quality over price then these jars for you.Ok 

• Hi , 

I recieved 10 jars to sample for my son Junior , They were very well packaged think I got 4 breakfasts & 6 dinners. I was given a good choice my son loved all of them! I think his favourite has to be the Mediterranean vegetables with aubergines  it was all gone within few minutes he wanted more! The texture was great nice and smooth they smell lovely too they looked really scrummy I could tell by looking at them the texture was smooth we did try a different brand other day and the texture was horrible it didn’t look very advertising but these jars were great . We gave him the porridge breakfast in the morning he pulled a funny face i think his taste buds were going wild haha. The jars labels are very clear  could read all ingredients perfect, only thing I could say is maybe have a selection of bigger jars for greedy babies like mine haha his fave when he had none left made me laugh my boy loves his food. I will definitely be buying his favourite in future. I would definitely recommend HiPP to friends and family I can’t fault them at all good selection of flavours and texture is great clear labels for ingredients. Here’s a few pics of my boy he’s currently on the move all the time haha Thankyou very much for letting us sample :) imageimage

I like how they are clearly labelled and the new colours and design (I believe previously there was a heart in the middle with the word HIPP), the reccomend age is clear and I particularly like the background colour (green veg/red has meat etc), it came across as something natural!

*Spaghetti*

smells good and actually tastes quite nice, the texture is good and easy for baby to eat. Baby really enjoyed this.

*porridge*

Doesn’t really smell of anything and doesn’t taste of anything very very bland, baby did not like this at all! It wasn’t very pleasant, unfortunately it did go to waste as I couldn’t even eat it.

*mango and banana yogurt*

Smells and tastes good, baby liked this very much and the different textures.

*cocoa and banana desert*

This was quite nice, I expected this to a big hit but my daughter wasn’t crazy about it. I tasted it and was a little disappointed, can’t taste much banana.

*vegetables with noodles and chicken*

This was ok tasting, baby not overly keen on it, lots of different textures but very bland.

*vegetable lasagne*

This smelt and tasted good, baby loved it, there were some big bits of lasagne which she struggled a bit with but eventually got the hand of, she really enjoyed this!

*cottage pie*

This smelt like cottage pie, it didn’t taste too bad, I heated it and found it got quite water quite quickly, the texture was a bit weird. Sofia wasn’t keen at first but got into it eventually and had about half the jar.

She loved the spaghetti, veg lasagne and mango and banana with yogurt!

*spaghetti*

*vegetable lasagne*

*Vegetables with noodles and chicken*

*heart cottage pie*

Yes I would, especially the flavours my daughter liked!

• Thank you for letting us try these jars. We generally try to keep to homemade food, and B has the same food as us, just chopped up a bit. She is 8 months old.

These are good sized jars and appealing to look at with the bright colours and countryside picture in the background, with the ingredients clearly displayed. I like the fact that it is obvious what age the food is aimed at. 

On the whole, I was very pleasantly surprised with the taste of these jars. I always taste B's food before she has it. Afterall, if I wouldn't eat it, why should she? The taste is much better than other brands we have tried on the whole. 

creamy porridge - this was the one jar we didn't get on with. Although it looks appealing, it was very bland and watery. This may be better for less adventurous babies. We usually buy flavoured packet porridge which you make up and we definately won't be switching to the hipp jar. 

breakfast layer (strawberry and yogurt) - although the top layer looks a bit strange (lumpy and slightly separated) it tastes very nice, especially when you get down to the fruity layer. It smells very fruity too. 

Fruit layer (mango and banana) - again the yogurt bit looks a bit strange and lumpy but tastes ok. The mango layer is a strong flavour but very nice.

cocoa and banana dessert - smells wonderful, looks appealing and tastes just as good! 

vegetable lasagne - nice chunks of pasta. This looks similar to other tomato based dishes. The taste of this was a little disappointing compared to the other jars, as it tastes a bit watery. That being said, it still taste nice overall. 

Vegetable with noodles and chicken - nice bits of noodle. I couldn't really taste the chicken (but then there is only 8%) but a nice sauce.

spaghetti with tomato and mozzarella - very nice rich tomato flavour and appealing to look at. 

B enjoyed all of the flavours except the porridge. The favourites were the the fruit layers and the tomato and mozzarella - I couldn't get it on the spoon fast enough!

I have been very pleasantly surprised with these jars and I will definitely be buying these again in the future and will be recommending them to my friends with weaning babies. I now keep one of these in the changing bag at all times for emergencies.

Thank you again for letting us try these out we have thorough;y enjoyed it! 

• hi i forgot to answer my little boy liked all of the flavours but i think his favourite was the cocoa and banana dessert my boy is currently only managing half a pot as he eats a meal just before i put it in the fridge to use the following evening and it had gone all watery so dissapointed i had to throw his favourite out.   i would definitely reccomend these jars to others i like the fact savoury means savoury no added fruit as this isnt what happens with adult meals so i dont want my child getting used to something like thatimage

• **edited post as photos did not load**

I like how they are clearly labelled and the new colours and design (I believe previously there was a heart in the middle with the word HIPP), the reccomend age is clear and I particularly like the background colour (green veg/red has meat etc), it came across as something natural!

*Spaghetti*

smells good and actually tastes quite nice, the texture is good and easy for baby to eat. Baby really enjoyed this.

*porridge*

Doesn’t really smell of anything and doesn’t taste of anything very very bland, baby did not like this at all! It wasn’t very pleasant, unfortunately it did go to waste as I couldn’t even eat it.

*mango and banana yogurt*

Smells and tastes good, baby liked this very much and the different textures.

This was quite nice, I expected this to a big hit but my daughter wasn’t crazy about it. I tasted it and was a little disappointed, can’t taste much banana.

*vegetables with noodles and chicken*

This was ok tasting, baby not overly keen on it, lots of different textures but very bland.

*vegetable lasagne*

This smelt and tasted good, baby loved it, there were some big bits of lasagne which she struggled a bit with but eventually got the hand of, she really enjoyed this!

*cottage pie*

This smelt like cottage pie, it didn’t taste too bad, I heated it and found it got quite water quite quickly, the texture was a bit weird. Sofia wasn’t keen at first but got into it eventually and had about half the jar.

She loved the spaghetti, veg lasagne and mango and banana with yogurt!

*spaghetti*

*vegetables with noodle and chicken*

*Vegetables lasagne*

*hearty cottage pie*

Yes I would, especially the flavours my daughter liked!