Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Expecting baby No2

I've never done this before but here goes... I fell pregnant at the start of the year and lost our first baby at 9 weeks.  Long story but i was given a scan at 9 weeks and turns out baby died at 7 weeks. It was the most horrendous thing me or my husband has ever been through... Anyway I've recently found out we are pregnant again, literally straight away. We are getting a scan at 8 weeks,  right now im 6 weeks.  This is going to be the longest 2 more weeks of my life never mind 9 months! How do I know until my scan if baby is okay?! It's insane that everyone is expected to wait till 12 weeks normally. I dunno how woman do it!!!!

Replies

• "Anyway I've recently found out we are pregnant again, literally straight away" ... I should clarify this better. It took 3 months to fall pregnant again but we literally found out we were pregnant bang on 4 weeks image 

• Hi MrsMc88, welcome to MadeForMums and congratulations on your pregnancy, though we are very sorry to hear of your loss. We thought you might find this thread really helpful - it's for women who are pregnant after a miscarriage. 

We also have Birth Clubs where you can meet other women due the same time as you.