Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: How much does IVF cost?

Replies

• Hello!

I had read this article and was very impressed. I really did not know that in UK it is common to get an opportunity of IVF treatment for free. I reckon that this chance can change different lives. To my knowledge IVF is very expensive and it is a big dissapointment, when families lose their dream to have a child only because of the lack of money. I suppose it is a great deal that government want to help those people.

However, some of points, which are included in list of "getting free IVF", are unfair. The point is that there are a lot of love stories and very big ammount of them does not feat the rules. For example, my friend can not get pregnant. Her husband has already had a child after first marriage. So, they do not even have a chance to try your luck at IVF postcode lottery. Moreover this way is also unfair. I think that it is better to know stories of every family and try to help them all. It can be a kind of discount.

Finally, I really believe that it is not right to put the fate of people only on good luck. I hope that in the nearest future this issue will be resolved.
  • Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.