Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

early scan

hi i go tomorrow for an early scan i will be 7wks. just wondered if anyone had been if they done a tummy scan or internal and how much you saw?

thanks becsx

Replies

• hi, i had a scan last tuesday and it was an internal.i was exactly 7 weeks. in the scan we saw a yolk sac, embryo and heartbeat. it looks just like a lil grey blob on the scan pic. good luck 4 tomorrow

hayley
  • Hiya becs, i had a early scan at 8 weeks. I also saw the sack and embryo and my babys heartbeat, it was amazing!! They did an internal scan on me xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev190pf___.png

• hi becs - not seen you on here for a while, how have you been? My early scan was at 8 1/2 weeks and i saw the heartbeat. i had a tummy scan but i was a week later. i'd go prepared for a tummy scan. the fuller your bladder the better the image - i got a pic and it was a bit rubbish because my bladder wasn't full enough.

i've finally got my first scan proper on monday (13 weeks) - can't wait!!!!

Good luck 2mo chick - let us know how you get on,

G xx
  • I had one at 6+5 weeks and they did an abdominal scan - so glad they didn't do the internal one! I saw the heartbeat, but at that stage baby does look a bit like a blob.
    Philippa
    20+3 x x x
  • hi just back,i was able to see a heartbeat. so really pleased im 6wks and a few days but its just brilliant to see it. they were able to do tummy scan. next one 16th jan cant wait.

thanks for all your messages.

love becs xx
  • had my scan dated at 7+6 then 2 weeks later (to the day!) had my 12 weekscan which said i was 11+5! 4 weeks growth in 2 weeks! just goes to show the growrth spurts can be amazing! was uncomfortable but mainly as i had cystitis! which miraculously cured itself now i just have baby sat on bladder occassionally!
  • had my scan dated at 7+6 then 2 weeks later (to the day!) had my 12 weekscan which said i was 11+5! 4 weeks growth in 2 weeks! just goes to show the growrth spurts can be amazing! was uncomfortable but mainly as i had cystitis! which miraculously cured itself now i just have baby sat on bladder occassionally!
  • brilliant becs! i'm sure that was a relief. for anyone else reading this though, I've had an internal scan too and to be honest they're fine. You're more focused on what's going on to really be bothered by it!
  • i had a 8 week scan, got a really clear picture although to start with it did look just like a kidney bean till the sonographer explained it to us. (pointing out the heart beat limb buds) definatly go with a full bladder it really helps. the only uncomfortable bit was getting cold sticky jelly on the top of my knickers.
  • Hi, can I ask what an internal scan is?? I found out I was preganant a week ago and because Ive only had one period since coming off the pill I have no idea how many weeks I am. Will i get an early scan??? Dont think I like the sound of an internal one, ha ha!
  • hi just found ive approx 11-12 weeks acording to docctor but gotta have scan soon to find out for sure. im really nervous. im the same as LisaD i was on the pill when i found out im pregnant. so i have no clue beside what the doc is guessing due to sore tender boobs and sickness.whats the difference between internal and adominal scans?
  • an adominal scan id done on topthrought the skin i gues like u would see on telly and an internal is where they use a thin scanner thats inserted in ur vaina looks a bit like ET's finger i thought with a condom on!!

i had the internal at a 6 and 7 week scan its not particly nice but its not uncomfortable, if u r nervous u can ask to put it in ur self!
    xxxxxxxxxxx
  • my first scan was an internal one i measured at 7 weeks five days and saw a sac and a blob with a heart beat in it. I had a second scan at 10 weeks plus 5 which was a tummy scan and it looked like a proper baby then.
  • thanks girls. ur great.