Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone Else Emotional?

Hi

I logged onto this site tonight and what a revelation!

I am 21 wks and due on 29 April and very excited - I have my second scan on Weds!!

Since finding out I was pregnant I have started a new job, arranged a wedding and got married and I just sometimes find it is all so draining.

I am of course so happy but I keep bursting into tears and the once confident, smiling TV career woman has turned into a mess who is going from a lifetime size 8 to something much bigger!

My husband is brilliant but I just wanted to see if anyone else ever feels like this?

Natx

:\?

Replies

• I know exactly what you mean! I'm 24 wks, we're self employed and are just putting our buisness on the market, which also means we have to move as we live on the premises! Normally I'm really together and organised, but now I just keep bursting into tears for no reason and just want to sleep all the time! Makes dealinging with everything so much harder!
    Ruthx
  • I know exactly what you mean! I'm 24 wks, we're self employed and are just putting our buisness on the market, which also means we have to move as we live on the premises! Normally I'm really together and organised, but now I just keep bursting into tears for no reason and just want to sleep all the time! Makes dealinging with everything so much harder!
    Ruthx
  • Yep its sobs all round here as well and usually for the stupidest reasons! I'm 29 weeks and have tissues in every pocket just in case! Don't mind the crying it's just that once I start I can't stop for about 20 minutes!
  • hi
    at 26 weeks pregnant its good to hear that im not the only one out there who has changed totally. i too used to be a size eight and am now a 12! i think i had about a week of enjoying my new curves and then the reality hit home when i had to bag up all my clothes to stop the hurt of not being able to pull my jeans up over my thighs... i seem to have turned into one of these woman that i never related to, the 'does my bum look big in this?' type of thing. crying... everything seems so emotional that i even paw over teddys with a new found affection, i even managed to spend nearly an hour in asda choosing the sweetest farm yard animal soft toy and honestly felt guilty for the ones i didn't choose. i suppose its all part of the process of morphing into mother earth... i wonder if she too worries about the size of her frame?
  • Hi all, I was watching the childrens christmas film Jack Frost the other day and I was in floods of tears because the little boys dad dies then comes back as a snow man!! My children thought I was very silly lol. Even adverts can set me off! Its all those hormones whizzing round your body that does it. Debs x
  • Hi

I am exactly the same. I am 28 weeks and the other day i ordered something and when it was delivered the order was wrong i just started cry and couldnt stop i was crying so hard. I also found that i would cry at things on the tv at one point i cried at this lady or won a gameshow. So silly! but hey completely normal xx
  • I know exactly where you're coming from! I too feel mentally infirm, especially with adverts on the tv such as westlife's love album, it was lionel richie's advert last week just can't get over slightly sad things!! My cat got trapped in next door's garage and has been missing for two days now. I heard her miaowing and worked out where it was coming from but my neighbours are away til Friday. I phoned my husband at work and just blubbed like a mad woman and couldn't get my words out! My cat is free now but I felt so upset! Sad eh?!!!
  • Hey at least your crying for a reason, i was siting in my grans at her 40th aniversary on sunday and i just started to cry cause there was to many people around and i just couldnt stop, i sometime lie in bed and just cry and then think why am i crying and that makes me cry even more

xlisax
  • oh this makes me feel much better, I am not the onyl mad woman!!!

I have my scan tomorrow at 9am - will let you know how it goes xxx
  • ALL THE TIME!!:lol:
  • I am very emotional, mostly i find myself crying because i have got very insecure in the past few months mainly because of my stretchmarks and because i just feel ugly!

I do feel pathetic when i cry as there is so much crulty in the world and i am crying becasue of the way i feel.

I also find myself upset if i am watching an emotional film and have to walk out of the room as my Boyfriend just says i'm stupid!

It's normal, i think we all go through it : )
  • i was really emotianal first few months and not bad at all now, except when im tired, so i go bed quite early as i hate that feeling of not being in control!!!! xx