Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Clomid and miscarriage (progesterone issues?)

Hi, bit of advice please!

I was told by my doc after a year of ttc that I didn't produce progesterone and therefore was given clomid. I got pregnant on my first cycle! I used pre-seed too. I sadly miscarried yesterday, so unbelievably heartbroken. 

I wondered, has anyone had the same issue? Could I have miscarried because my body didn't have enough progesterone to maintain the pregnancy? Is there anything anyone has used to help maintain a pregnancy? Doctor just said keep trying but I would love to hear your stories. 

thank you all in advance x

Replies

• So very sorry for your loss:(

They can test your progesterone levels with a simple blood test day 21 of your cycle as I've just had mine done or if pg with a blood test still.

Im taking Tamoxifen the equivalent to Clomid to help with better ovulation after my last miscarriage. I've been told to try baby aspirin aswel when I get a BFP next.

They can give you progesterone suppositories I believe and injections as this has helped a few ladies I know support an ongoing pregnancy:)

You can buy a cream but have no idea if it's any good!

Good luck with your ttc journey and a sticky bean next time xxx🍀🍀🍀

• Wow what a difference 18 months makes. I'm here now rocking my 6 month old to sleep. To anyone struggling, don't ever give up!! X

• Hi ClaireHNA, thank you SO much for coming back and telling us about your baby - that's such wonderful news, huge congratulations! It's also great for people reading this thread to see a wonderful outcome. 

We have a thread, dedicated to women who are embarking on Clomid - we would love for to check it out - we're sure there are loads of questions on that thread, you might have the answer to. 

• Lovely news amazing😍