Forum home Product Tests Product tests

Fifi & Friends product test: the feedback thread

Hello.

This is the feedback thread for those of you who are testing the Fifi & Friends baby and toddler skin care collection, as part of our latest MadeForMums product test.

Your products should be speeding their way to you right now! Do have fun testing out the range on your child and please also take some pictures of your child, just after using the Fifi & Friends products (please do protect your child’s modesty if you’re taking a pic in of them in the bath).

Please then give us your feedback on this thread by answering the following 4 questions:

1. What did you think of the Fifi & Friends products you received, at first sight?

2. When you used the products, how did your baby’s skin OR hair feel afterwards? (If you tested only skincare products please just answer about them)
3. Of the products you tested, which one was your favourite – and why?
4. Would you recommend the Fifi & Friends collection to other mums and mums-to-be?

Everyone who leaves quality feedback and answers all 4 of our questions and posts pictures (and is part of our product test) will be put into a draw to win a £200 Amazon.

Fifi & Friends, believe that nature knows best when it comes to being kind to your child’s skin. Suitable for even the most sensitive skin, the collection is filled with all the essentials for your little one's skin and hair needs.

Replies

• Thank you so much for choosing us to test Fifi & Friends products with my 7 month old son Oliver.

In answer to your questions:

1. The products came in a lovely box with a note and some stickers inside. Well presented and professional looking products (Photos attached) 

2. When you used the products, how did your baby’s skin OR hair feel afterwards? (If you tested only skincare products please just answer about them) After using 

4. Would you recommend the Fifi & Friends collection to other mums and mums-to-be?

• Hi EmMiche, thanks so much for coming to post your feedback but looks like there's been a glitch and your comments and pics haven't posted - would you mind trying again please? 

Do let us know if you have any problems and we'll do our best to help. 

• imageimageimageimage

Thank you so much for choosing us to test Fifi & Friends products with my 7 month old son Oliver.

In answer to your questions:

1. The products came in a lovely box with a note and some stickers inside. Well presented and professional looking products (Photos attached) 

2. After using the baby wash, Olivers skin was lovely and soft and smelt gorgeous. We usually use a bedtime body wash but he actually slept better after using this. As a baby with multiple allergies we are often cautious as to what we us but as these products avoid all major allergens we had no issues whatsoever. The bottom butter (although felt sloghtly greasy to touch) worked wonders on our teething baby’s nappy rash. No rash and as soft as can be.

3. We tested the baby mist, baby wash and bottom butter. All 3 products were outstanding. It’s hard to chose a favourite but it would probably have to be the baby wash as it leaves Oliver smelling gorgeous and with beautiful soft skin. Used alongside the butter and the mist, we have a happy, lovely smelling baby!

4. We would definitely recommend this collection to other parents. As an allergy baby who is known to have skin reactions, we had no reaction and Oliver has been left with lovely soft skin as a result too. Lovely presented product with innovative ideas especially the mist. I had never used a spray on Oliver before but it left him smelling fresh and clean. 10 out of 10

• Thank you for the lovely products me and Isla loved testing them :)

1.When our Fifi and friends parcel arrived my daughter got excited and said it was the first time she had got a parcel through the post! 

The gift box was lovely with a big green bow wrapped around it. Inside the products were wrapped in tissue paper and contained a note about the products and a sheet of stickers which went down a treat with my daughter! 

All the bottles were colourful with pictures of cartoon children and a little “Did you know” section which had interesting facts wrote on each 

2.My daughter‘s hair is in ringlets so I have a routine when washing her hair so it doesn’t go frizzy! 

I first wash it with shampoo rinse then apply loads of conditioner and comb through then rinse and comb again. Then I leave it to dry naturally. 

We received the Fifi and friends shampoo and conditioning spray so I washed her hair with the shampoo the smell was gorgeous and it lathered up lots.

Whilst my daughter‘s hair was drying I sprayed a generous amount of conditioning spray on her hair and left it to fully dry naturally. 

I was nervous to see the results as I didn’t want it to go frizzy but her hair looked lovely here is a picture of before and after.

Before

After

The body wash was also good I used a bit as bubble bath and used some on a sponge. Isla has very dry skin and a lot of bubble bath and wash irritates her skin but we had no problems with this body wash.

3. I did love all the products we tested but my favourite product has got to be the conditioning spray I have used it every day since it arrived. I used it on her damp hair and also sprayed on to her hair before putting it in a bobble which it seemed to tame the hair for a smoother finish which is hard to do with very curly hair!

4. I would reccomend to my friends and all other mums or mums to be as we liked every product. These would be a great present to buy a new baby especially with the box they came in. I have already looked myself at other product that are available and I am going to order more shampoo and conditioner for curly hair when this runs out. 

Thank you again 

Laura & Isla 

• Thank you so much for selecting my daughter lily to test your lovely skin & hair products! We had such fun doing it! 

1. What did you think of the Fifi and friends products you received, at first sight? 

My first thoughts on the Fifi and friends products I received were: I absolutely loved the beautiful packaging as did lily she loved the cartoon children on the front and she found the shampoo one with bubbles in there hair funny which made her excited to try them! We also had a quick smell and we both had the same reaction ‘mmmm lovely’. They all had easy to follow directions & a clear list of ingredients! Also the stickers were a lovely extra! 

2. When you used the products how did your baby’s skin OR hair feel afterwards? (If you tested only skincare products please just answer about them)

After using all products for a few days the outcome was:

The gentle nourishing shampoo left lilys hair feeling very soft, nourished & left a long lasting beautiful smell, we finally managed a tear free hair wash! 

The conditioning detangling spray added extra softness made brushing more manageable and left a beautiful shine! 

The super soft baby wash lathered up nicely & got rid of all the paint stains from her skin without scrubbing and left lilys skin feeling velvety & clean! 

3. Of the products you tested which one was your favourite - and why? 

My favourite tested product has to be the detangling conditioning spray, I take great pride in doing lilys hair in different plaits, buns & ponies however the same can’t be said for her dad who gives it a quick brush and that’s about it leaving it very knotty in the evenings, The spray made it a lot easier to brush out knots and tangles (and food!) and also smells incredible! Lily loved getting involved and pretending to spray some herself also! We also noticed it was less frizzy after blow drying which made it easier to do her hair in different hairstyles!

imageimage

4. Would you recommend the Fifi and friends collection to other mums & mums-to-be?

I would definitely recommend Fifi & friends to all mums & mums to be, they all smell great, they were gentle & left lilys hair & skin feeling cleansed, soft & shiny!  I will definitely be purchasing more and trying more of there range! 

Lilys hair before with a frizz to after using the shampoo & conditioning spray making it look sleek, straight & shiny 

Before - (we still wear Christmas pjs in march 😂)

After -

• 1. What did you think of the Fifi & Friends products you received, at first sight?

At first sight the products look really nice and they were packaged so well. I love the little notes you got with them and my niece enjoyed the stickers.

2. When you used the products, how did your baby’s skin OR hair feel afterwards? (If you tested only skincare products please just answer about them)

After using the products my daughters skin feels so soft.  She didn't have a reaction to any of the products and they all smell really nice.  The bottom butter is so good and my daughter hasn't had nappy rash or any redness since using it, even with 2 teeth popping through in the last couple of days, whereas when she has had previous teeth her bottom has been so red and sore.  The baby mist is also a really good product, we used this after her bath and it keeps her all nice, soft and smelling lovely.

I don't think I can pick a favourite product.  The baby was is brilliant and makes her skin lovely and soft and the bottom butter really seems to have kept the redness and soreness away.

I would definitely recommend the fifi and friends products to other mums and mums-to-be.  I hadn't heard of them before but I will be buying more when these run out.

Kyla has a shower so I couldn't get a picture of us using the products as she just sits in the bottom on the shower mat.  Thank you for choosing us to test these products we have had fun testing them and they have really helped her skin xxx

• Note: I gave this task to my husband to write

Here is my review of Fifi and friends "Super Soft" baby wash.

Fifi (and her friends) were nice enough to send us a sampler, in return for review/answers to their questions.

At first sight, the box caught my eye as it is recyclable, and anything that can go in the recycle bin is great as my other bin is full of other baby waste
    Nicely packaged and secure, also important when transporting liquid goods (ask any airport!)

imageimageimage

So first up we have bath time.

I'll start with the packaging. See above picture. Standard tube, although a little bigger than the usual at 250ml. I think my own body washes are at something like 200ml?
    Thats a win for a start. The colouring is nice and simple. White
    It does have a pretty little picture of some kids blowing bubbles, but since im a guy, I dont care about that.
    It is tear free, which is usually the norm. No crying in the bathtub - bonus!
    On the back, it has a nice little fact. I dont know if these are different every time... but it sure should be. Mine reads,
    "Did you know? A baby as young as 25 weeks can respond to touch and its a newborns most advanced sense"
    Interesting
    Theres a fair bit of French text on the back, but unfortunately, I couldnt tell you what it means. What I will tell you, is that its safe for vegans. Who knew? 
    It is also wheat free. All of this is on the packaging, but im assuming that it is the product inside that is suitable for vegans/wheat free, and not that actual tube it comes in
    Added bonus, it can be thrown in the recycling bin away from all those dirty nappies in my other regular bin.....

Now, bathtime and using the product.
    It does indeed feel soft. I was using another branded baby wash that was definitely not vegan. 
    I can safely say that it is softer on the skin and hair. It smells quite good too. So far, we're winning and Id definitely make the switch given the chance
    It cleans the skin well and lathers up nicely, which I guess is its primary function, so not much to say about that.
    My newborn loves it too

So after bathtime, we tried the next product Fifi (and her friends) included. The 'Baby Mist'
    It does exactly what it says on the tin (or plastic, recyclable vegan friendly bottle)
    I tried it on myself first. I dont know why.
    It smells great though, and covered up babies gone off milk smell a proper treat! thats another win because I can wear that t-shirt another day
    We've ran out of it :(

The 3rd and final thing that was in the nicely presented package, was baby butter.
    This stuff stops little baby botty from rashing. Nobody likes an itchy bum right?
    This is the only product I didnt try, because well... I dont have an itchy bum fortunately.
    Baby seems to like it though, and was calm while I smeared it all over her backside before putting the nappy on. 
    It smells good, and makes changing a little later in the day a bit more pleasant

My favourite of the three has got to be that mist. Its the baby equivalent of fabreeze!

I have included some pictures of baby, since nobody needs to see her Daddy using the products

Overall, great products. I wouldnt hesitate in recommending Fifi's baby range to other mums.. and even just Dads who want to cover up 'those' smells.

I hope you enjoyed this review as much as I enjoyed writing it. Keep up the good work (and send us more free stuffs so I can write more reviews on your awesome vegan friendly products :) )

PS. Im not a vegan, but its good to see someone is looking out for those folks

• imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Happy hump day 😍

1. What did you think of the Fifi & Friends products you received, at first sight? 

I loved the packaging. The attention to detail was great, the box came with logo printed on and a green ribbon. Inside are products (shampoo, body wash and conditioning spray came wrapped in tissue paper bedded on shredded brown paper ❤️ I couldn't wsit to use it..

2. When you used the products, how did your baby’s skin OR hair feel afterwards?

The products were labelled with not only wording but pictures so my little girl knew which one was the shampoo, I really liked this as i felt it involved her more in the process and the instructions were direct. I didn't need to add to much body wash to the bath water before bubbles flooded the bath and I liked how the shampoo leathered up.. the smell of the products is really good, not to over powering.. After the bath I was surprised how soft her skin was. Normally I have to use a heavy moisturiser but I didn't have to, which was really surprising and impressive.🛁

My favourite product was the conditioning spray.. I loved the smell and how it left her hair after. I Didn't need to brush and brush like usua, it leftvit soft and really shiny👧🏻

I will be using the fifi and friends products from now on, I am planning on using it with my baby when it's born in May. I'll definitely be recommending it to friends and family 👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧👨‍👩‍👧‍👧

• 1. What did you think of the Fifi & Friends products you received, at first sight? Oh the beautiful box ribbon tied was a treat in itself! Loved the feeling that it was a pamper bundle for little ones!!

2. When you used the products, how did your baby’s skin OR hair feel afterwards?  We tested the shampoo, body wash and detangling conditioner. The body was feels really rich and not too soapy. Both kids smelt lovely afterwards and skin felt supple not dry. The shampoo was also not too bubbly what I mean is if you'v ever literally got yourself into a lather that took a whole lot of rinsing you know how rubbish this can be! So the non foamyness was a huge bonus. Theo's hair was soft and shiny and Sasha loved washing her own hair with it! For her we finished with the detangling spray which is phenomenal! She has so much hair for a little person and it's naturally curly! I sprayed it on combed through and blasted with the hair dryer... photos show how lovely it looked with a fab shine!!

3. Of the products you tested, which one was your favourite – and why? Detangling spray... brushing daughters hair is such a fight and this makes life so much easier!!
    4. Would you recommend the Fifi & Friends collection to other mums and mums-to-be? I certainly would and have! Thanks for allowing us to be a part of the test we loved the products! imageimage

• 1. What did you think of the Fifi & Friends products you received, at first sight? 

The products arrived beautifully packaged. My first thought was how lovely it’d be to send as a gift to a new mum. There was also cute little stickers and a note in the box. Little extra touches that make the brand feel more premium. 

we tested the body wash, bottom butter and mist. My son has really sensitive skin and no matter what we use to wash him, it always flares up red and blotchy on his back. With this body wash however the redness was definitely less! there Was still some redness but nothing like what we usually have. It’s also a big tube and a little goes a long way. It also smells really nice which is great - a lot of other products suitable for sensitive skin have a very plain or muted scent. 

The bottom butter was much like the body wash in that a little goes a long way. I’m confident the pot will last a long time. Jenson is teething at the moment so does have a touch of nappy rash. We didn’t find that the bottom butter cleared it up as well as other products we have used but it certainly stopped it getting any worse. 

The mist smells really nice, much like the body wash! I used it on Jenson when he got home from nursery to cover Up the ‘nursery smell’. Whilst it was nice to have it isnt really an essential or something I’d ever consider buying but would be happy to receive as a novelty gift. 

image (A happy jenson with no badly irritated skin!) 

the body wash was definitely our favourite. To have finally found something that causes less of a reaction on his skin is amazing. really pleased with that. I may even try this on myself as I also have the same ridiculously sensitive skin! 

i wouldn’t hesitate in recommending the whole package as a beautiful, luxury feeling gift for any mum to be/ new mum. 

The body wash i will wholeheartedly be recommending to any mums whose little ones have sensitive skin. 

The bottom but is ok but wouldnt Be my first choice so im less likely to recommend this. 

The mist is a nice novelty thing and does smell lovely but that’s about its only function so probably not something I’d rush to recommend. 

• 1. What did you think of the Fifi & Friends products you received, at first sight? The products looked very in the white box with the green bow on then when opened wrapped in tissue paper. 

2. When you used the products, how did your baby’s skin OR hair feel afterwards? (If you tested only skincare products please just answer about them) when testing the body wash my child's skin felt lovely and soft and smelt lovely. The bottom cream was nice but i wouldn't pick it as my first choice. The mist made all his clothes smell lovely and don't think u really need that much. 
    3. Of the products you tested, which one was your favourite – and why? The body wash wash was probably my favourite as it left his skin soft and smelling lovely 
    4. Would you recommend the Fifi & Friends collection to other mums and mums to-be? I would recommend it as a package, specially for new time moms

• Here is some photos of him imageimage

• Thanks for letting us test out these lovely products, 

They arrived in a lovely white box with a ribbon on we opened straight away, Amiera loved the pictures and went straight for the stickers, I loved the packaging white and crisp with pictures of cartoon children so cute, one of the first things that caught my eye was organic aloe vera. Very pleased to see that I use my aloe plant all the time, the fact that the products are wheat free vegan friendly and hypoallergenic are a massive bonus. I was excited to use these products. 

We were sent the body wash shampoo and detangling spray.  One thing that I was impressed with is how much product comes out when you use it,  normally products you have a big chance of wastage due to too much coming out (I won't let my daughter touch these as she squeezes too much out) I would let her as the amount what comes out is just right. The smell of all the products are lovely and that's saying something with my heightened smell (pregnant 8 weeks) smells very powdery baby smell love it. So does Amiera she said mummy this smells lovely. 

The body wash felt soft and silky on our hands and she didn't end up having a reaction (she has very sensitive skin and also has eczema)  

The shampoo was lovely and soft just the right amount of foam too smelt lovely Amiera commented on the smell and said she loved it. (Will be purchasing again) 

It rinsed out a dream and her hair smells lovely throughout till the next wash. 

We used the detangling spray whilst her hair was wet brushed it through which surprisingly went really well as you can see she has a lot of curly hair. Normally this time is full of moaning but we had just one slight moan. Bonus.

I left her hair to dry naturally and took a pic of it after her curls came out quite nice.  It smells lovely Also now I use it when her hair gets frizzy I spray the detangling spray and then add a little serum her curls are a dream. 

Over all I love these products and wish I'd heard of them before but now I have I'll be purchasing more. We both are pleasantly surprised.

Of the products you tested, which one was your favourite – and why?
    Thats a difficult one shampoo and detangling spray my favourite but if I had to choose detangling spray because it's helped with the moaning when brushing hair and it smells great too Amiera loves it too. 

Would you recommend the Fifi & Friends collection to other mums and mums-to-be? Yes I would definitely recommend to other mums 
    Thank you for letting us try them. 

• Thank you so much for choosing me and my daughter to test the FifI and Friends products.

We was very impressed when the box arrived, the packaging looked fabulous. Simple but effective colours. When we opened the box my daughter was very happy to see the stickers and instantly took them out of the box.

Well firstly I was surprised by how big the tubes were for a child’s prosuc. We used the shampoo and body wash first and i was impressed the the small amount that came out when I squeezed the tube, meaning now waste. The shampoo lathered up really well and smelt lovely. It also left my daughters hair feeling very nice and silky. Again the body wash lathered up well and also smelt divine, again leaving my daughters skin lovely a soft.

The conditioning detangling spray was my favourite as my daughter twists her hair and regularly has knots in it and usually gets upset when it comes to brushing. We started using the spray and it made brushing so much easier. Made my daughters hair soft and easier to brush.

Yes I would definitely recommend it to friends and family and will be buying myself in future.

imageimageimageimage

Thank you you very much for sending us these fabulous products.

Angela and Amber x

• Thank you for picking us to rest the Fifi and friends products. 

What did you think of the product at first sight?

I was impressed with the packaging. The box was lovely when it arrived. The containers that the products were colorful. My daughter asked about all the pictures and really liked them. 

When you used used the products how did your Childrens hair / Skin feel?

MY daughters skin felt soft after using the body wash and the smell of the body wash was really nice. Her hair also felt soft after the shampoo. Olivia normally hates getting her hair brushed but the conditioning spray really helped and will definitely purchase that again. 

Which was your favorite product? 

The detangling spray as it made my daughters hair to brush and her hair looking great when blowdryed. 

Would you recommend Fifi and friends? 

I would definitely recommend all the products. The containers are a good size so would last a while. imageimageimage

So we received the bottom butter, body wash and mist spray. At first glance I was a bit taken aback at the packaging, it was really lovely and packaged well however I was dubious as to whether it was a waste of materials (we're trying to cut back on a lot if unnecessary household waste) so I was really thrilled that it was all recyclable. The stickers were also a hit as my little girl absolutely loves them at the moment.

We used the body wash, spray mist and the bottom butter. On first thought I was a bit apprehensive of the bottom butter, but it was a bit hit. Her skin was so smooth after using it and there was no redness at all, which can sometimes happen. It also looked greasy but wasn't at all. I was really pleased with it. I liked the body wash as well, it smelt lovely, a little of it went a long way as well. The mist spray I thought was a nice idea, however my little girl is 2 and so doesn't really need it  but we did say it was her  'perfume' so it was nice to get her to interact with the products as well. Saying that, I can completely see why people would use it, as the smell is nice yet quite strong so would be able to cover up baby sick or spit up. Also, when my little girl was in a harness and cast for treatment we weren't allowed to get her wet at all and obviously she started to smell a bit, so if I was aware of it then it would have come in very handy.

My favourite was the body wash, its so long lasting and smells absolutely lovely. The wash also left my LO's skin feeling so soft and smooth. She was very attachedd and kept pointing to it and saying 'that mine mummy' 

I would recommend certain products to different mums, I really do think the spray would be so useful to my support groups

I would recommend the brand as a whole to mums, especially with how the environment is going and the lack of recyclable plastics  This brand is definitely hitting a market niche and I for one am very happy with it.

Sorry for the lack of pictures! 

• 1. At first sight my thought were positive, the bottles are pretty, appealing and the box they arrived in wad beautiful and nicely packaged, I couldn't wait to try it and neither could my children, they were excited for bath time.

2. We tried out the body wash and shampoo in the bath and then the conditioning spray when they got out. All the products were pleasant smelling yet not overly perfumed which is fantastic for my sensitive son. After using the products they felt really soft and smooth and smelled lovely.

3. My favourite product is the conditioning detangling spray because after we sprayed it on their wet hair their hair dried up very soft and sleek, we had no trouble brushing it and it made them more sleek which is fantastic for my sons hair as its usually sticking out all over.

4. I would definitely recommend the products to other parents, they work well, plus are natural and good for sensitive skin which is everything we need.

What a pretty presentation! I thought it would make a lovely gift.

imageimageimage

I did a patch test first with both the shampoo and body wash and my son had no reaction the next day so we used the products.

Unfortunately he had a rash after using the products and we couldn't use them again. This is the problem having a child with sensitive skin, you don't know until you try the product.

Fifi & Friends looked good to me based on what I read but didn't work out for us.

Not applicable as we could not test any further.

I would, actually, I think the products are good, subtle and pleasant fragrance, and the presentation was lovely. It just wasn't right for my son.

• imageimageimage

I thought the products were well packaged came in a cute little box with a ribbon 🎀 my daughter couldn’t wait to get it open

they smell amazing fresh and clean and keeps that baby smell on my 1 year old 😍

The bum butter has been fantastic has kept my 1year old bum nice and soft and kept her nappy rash at bay.

the wash left her skin soft.

unfortuneatly the baby mist broke jordanna out in a rash :( we will try it on new baby when she is born though

My favourite products would have to be the bum butter as it has kept the nappy rash at bay and we have tried nearly every cream on the shelf to help Jordannas bad bum breakouts

i would definitely recommend Fifi & Friends products to friends and family as they look , smell and your baby’s skin feels great afterwards. So much so Jordanna loves the smell that much she tries to eat it 😂

After a long wait as our postman couldn't fit the box through the door, we finally received our fifi products. Presented in a beautiful box, we were pleasantly surprised.A+ for the presentation and the box can be re-used. 

imageimage

When i used the fifi wash on Rebekah, her skin felt very smooth and it was a very good product with a nice smell to it. Its definitely something i would buy again. Unlike most baby products, you only need a small amount to fill her bath tub so it is great value for money. I would highly recommend this.

The bum butter although it works well and smells pleasant  isnt ideal for my needs especially as a working mum. I prefer a tube rather than tub for ease of carrying it around especially as my little one aleays had bad nappy rash when teething. Personally, i didnt find the container suitable for my needs.

The baby mist spray however was ideal. A lovely scent and as rebekah is nearly two she loves to spray a bit on her clothes. This is my favourite and i would highly recommend it.lovely to keep in my handbag when we go out and makes her feel like a grown up.

My favourite would definitely be the baby mist. It smells nice and freshens rebekahs clothes. Will be buying more. I do believe all the 3 products were great though but if i had a choice it would definitely be the baby mist.

Providing the prices are reasonable i would definitely recommend the fifi and friends products to other mums and dads. I never heard of this make before and was sceptical especially when trying products out on babies sensitive skin but these products are great. A big thumbs up from me.

Thankyou for letting us test your products.

After reading other reviews i'm also go to look out and try the detangling spray.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions