Forum home Pregnancy Baby names

Thoughts on Albert and Dexter

Hi everyone. I’m currently 21 weeks pregnant with my second little boy. First born is called Harry so very popular name. I like Albert because it’s traditional and I feel like it’s ping to become more populad just like Arthur has but it’s not there yet. But I would hate them to be called Al or Bert by anyone and also I worry people will think it’s too old mannish. 

I love the x sound in dexter but am worried its a little out there. Also not at all traditIona which I like for a boy. also I don’t know if I can imagine him going to a business meeting and introducing himself as Dexter. 

Honest thoughts please really struggling this time round 

Replies

• Oh I love them both.

But love Arthur at the moment! Think It goes lovely with Harry. I think it’s cute when thsy are called Artie when they are babies 😍

• Omg!!!!!!!! I thought it said Arthur 🙈🙈🙈 im so sorry!! 😂😂😂 baby brain (I’m 3 days over and exhausted!

start again-

I do prefer Albert to Dexter it Does go lovely with Harry.

Sorry lol 🙈😂

• I love it too but have a friend with an Arthur so wouldn’t like to chose the same X

• Just seen your second reply 😂 good to know thank you. Me too, Dexter was just a name I was playing around with but can’t imagine actually using it. 

• Dexter is lovely too and different, I don’t know any boys called Dexter. but Albert goes so lovely with Harry and I love traditional boys names too.

Harry and Albert 😍 

I think I need my eyes tested how embarrassing🙈😂 I couldn’t even delete it I was like OMG!!!😂

• They do sound lovely together thank you for the advice 😃😃

• I know 2 guys and dexter is called dex or dexi and yup he gets called sexy dexi and they call Albert ally, it’s a tough one as both names can be shortened where as your first boy Harry can’t really get a shortened name from that, I think Alfie, George, William and jack go well with harry :) but if it’s the old names you like I love teddy and I love Reginald (reggie) xx

• I love Albert so much xx