Forum home Babies Baby

April 2018 Babies

Hello!

This is a new thread for the lovely folks from our Due in April 2018 Birth Club who have given birth to an equally lovely baby (we know there's are quite a few of you due, please don't be shy, come on over here!) – and we reckon you deserve a shiny new thread to chat on.

If you've not been part of the Due in April 2018 Birth Club so far but have a baby born April 2018, do please feel free to post and join in. Come and tell us about you and your baby - the more, the merrier!

Replies

• Hi all. I’m now following this thread too and very much loving the days of a newborn again 💙💙

Welcome to newbies who may comment but haven’t been apart of our previous threads xx

• imageHarvey James enjoying his sheep lullaby 💙

• Lovely to see you here Charley87, and see your perfect Harvey. 

• Harvey is beautiful Charley 💙 Hallie loves her sheep too 💗

• Hey xLislx, lovely to see you and Hallie on this thread too! Hooray for the babies! 

• Hi ladies, fab to see a thread for the April babies - I have probably been posting in the wrong place all my panic and woes regarding our infection......

Anyhow good news that we have been given the all clear with the MRSA and although Millie is carrying, apparently that is quite normal and she is not infected, she will be re swabbed in a week or 2 too make sure nothing has changed. 

Harvey is gorgeous Charley, how are you getting on with the first few days?  

Lisl - Hallie is fabulous, sounds like she is doing really well 😁

Millie is putting on weight well and we have managed to persevere with the breast feeding - with Just 1 night time top up, so we can get through from 11pm to 4am And then to 8am. 

I need to bust open the sheep - we haven’t used it yet.......

• 👋🏼 MrsFish! So great to you here, and we're so pleased to hear you got to hear the all clear for the MRSA. 

• Thanks Danielle - I feel a lot more at ease about it all now 😁

Baby Mia 4days old today, just sat waiting for the dr to sign us out of hospital, been a stressful few days (story to follow). All Good now, loves her breastmilk but cluster fed from 10.30-2.30 so mammy rather tired 

• Mia is so lovely Swilk1, bet you can't wait to get home. 

• Good to hear you‘re all clear MrsFish!! 

We’re having trouble going to the toilet here :( when he goes it’s exactly how it should look, but he strains and cried all day to get to the point at night time where he can finally go. We’ve spoken to midwives and they say it perfectly normal, its just not nice to see :( 

image He’s 16 days old now, and back up to birth weight so we were discharged Monday! I get so emotional about him getting older, the first week I was so upset about not being pregnant anymore, but I think that’s mainly because I had to be induced early so felt like I was robbed of the last few weeks. But I’m so happy he’s here and healthy!! I’m an emotional nightmare haha!! 

• Tonistar he is gorgeous!! So sorry to hear he has difficulty going to the toilet - I had a friend who’s daughter was similar, let’s hope it eases up for him soon! Are you breast or bottle feeding? 

Swilk, MIA is Beautiful! Make the most of these early days they go so quick!! 

We are now 23 days old, but she still shouldn’t be here for another 3 days.....

I just spend all day every day cuddling and feeding her, I don’t know where all the time goes......

• tonistar, so lovely to see Abel. How is everyone coping with the heat?  

• We’re bottle feeding as didn’t have a great time breast feeding. He really struggled with the latch and after 4 hours of being born was being taken to NICU for blood sugar testing because he was shaking ☹️ I promised myself I wouldn’t stress out about breast feeding so I decided that bottle would be best for him. I really wanted to breast feed but with him being early, small and not getting the hang of it very quickly it wasn’t for us this time! 

In regards to the sun, we’ve been camping out in our lounge as we don’t get much sunlight in there so it’s nice and cool! I’ve avoided going out until later in the eve when it’s a bit cooler so he isnt in it too long, typical that we would have this weather in the April we have our babes and haven’t prepared for this weather! 

• Hallie was 1 month old yesterday! I can't believe how fast it's gone. She weighed 7 pound 5 last Monday and today she weighed 8 pound 4!! Little piggy 🐷🐷 she's still only on the 9th centile. They said her weight gain is likely to slow down a bit now she's catching up with babies her age and normal newborn bless her.

• Evie is now 5weeks 5 days old today it’s gone so fast we have now been discharged from hospital after having jaundice and full blood count done since she was born.its been abit of a rollercoaster. image 

• I have discovered the best thing in the world!!!! I have seen them before and was recommended this.....amazing image

• I’m pretty sure Abel has a cold. He sounds really sniffly, I can only assume it’s the change in the weather or my partner and I have carried it. Any ideas on how what I can do to help him as all the advice online is for babies who are 3 months + and he’s 4 weeks tomorrow 😩

• Oh toni, we're sorry to hear Abel has a cold - how is he doing today? Have you tried a nose sucker? It's pretty gross, but it sucks the snot out of babies nose. 

Also, did anyone here have thyroid problems during their pregnancy? If so, any chance you can help out on this thread please? 

• Hi Tonistar, how’s Abel doing now? How horrible that little bubba is suffering today at such a young age :-( 

my little lady has decided she will only sleep in the arms of parent, every time I try and put her in her Moses basket she screams forever!!  We have had to ditch the dummy due to nipple confusion and her refusing to breast feed for a couple of days, this seems to have sorted that out, but now we are not getting a seconds sleep - how has everyonw else managed to get their little ones to settle in a crib?