Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

What is the definition of too much stress?

Ok so how do i know if i am too stressed? Everyone says baby should be fine as long as not too stressed through pregnancy, but so far since getting pregnant I have one bad thing happen after another and I am not sure i can deal with anymore 'stress' :cry:

[Modified by: babygrowbelly on 02 February 2009 16:21:42 ]

Replies

• Theres research that says some stress is good for baby as it helps develop coping mechanisms.
    Everyone handles stress differently so 'too much is hard to define' Is it too much for you to handle or is it having a negative effect on your quality of life. (eg insomnia, anxiety attacks etc)
    The less stress the better but by worrying to much you cause more stress. (Vicious circle)
    Unfortunatley a lot of causes of stress are out of your control, how you deal with it is however up to you.
    Not knowing what causes are make it tricky to suggest much but heres a few ideas.

Where possible walk away (even if its to cool off and calm down)
    Try to avoid the situations (I know easier said than done)
    Vent (on here/friends/counseller/gp/samaritans)
    Be proactive (ask for help be it emotional support/ financial advise etc)
    Take one step at a time (make lists if you have to, therapeutic to cross off things)
    Relaxation techniques (yoga/meditation/music/colouring in/breathing)

Hope I help even a little bit xxxxxxx

[Modified by: mrsclaretweeze on February 02, 2009 05:33 PM]

• Thanks for the reply...i wouldnt know where to start x
  • Ok I have come to the conclusion that Cadbury's mini eggs reduce stress image
  • i agree cadbury mini eggs do it 4 me aswell ive eaten 7 tonight hehe xx
  • Just 7???? image

I am now feeling very fat!!! Eat the whole packet lady!!!
  • Just 7???? image

• Just 7???? image

• I had to buy the treatsize multipack - I bought the bigger bag and thought i'd just have a few - I ate most of them that night and left about 8 for the next day!

They are good image