Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Please Help!!

Hello.
I'm 30 weeks pregnan with my second child. I have been anaemic throughout but recent bloods came back to say it was fine and i wasnt anaemic anymore. The thing is...I'm feeling exhausted, dizzy, breathless, and my chest always goes tight and i cant catch my breath very well. The midwife said its because i'm doing to much, but really i'm not.

Can anyone advise because it really scares me. i cant even wash the dishes without getting to out of breath!

Thanks.

Heather

Replies

• Hi Heather,

I think you need to go back to your midwife and tell her again how you are feeling. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and lo has dropped lower now but it was harder to breath a few weeks ago as lo had his feet crammed up to my ribs! Is your blood pressure low? Might explain the dizzyness, make sure you are eating well and also keep your fluid levels up. May even be you have a bit of a chest infection or something?

If you don't think your midwife is going to be any more helpful go and see your GP instead and they may be able to advise.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Liz x
  • Hi Liz,

Thanks for replying. My blood pressure is fine, i'm eating well and drinking ok.
    I have asthma aswell but its never bothered me, my inhalers aint making a bit of difference!

Heather x
  • I have felt breathless throughout most of this pregnancy- it is quite annoying sometimes and its getting worse! I just put it down to lack of room inside to be honest, but it is annoying sometimes I get out of breath just talking!!

I have mild asthma too but I don't think its anything to do with that coz I'm not wheezy or anything. I think its just about the way the baby is lying.
  • Hiya - I felt like this before I started taking iron tablets - my levels are ok but my midwife has suggested that I stay on them as long as I am getting normal bowel movement. I do sometimes get breathless if I lie on my back to rest or sleep - apparently this can make your blood pressure drop because the weight of the baby presses down on your main arteries.

Definitely speak to the doc/midwife!!

xx
  • Hi Heather, if you get the all clear from your mw and doc, then the problem might be anxiety. I have suffered with anxiety in the past and the ironic thing is, I was never actually anxious about anything in particular!! This sounds like you. When you start feeling a few symtoms eg, dizziness or shortness of breath, you're thinking about it more which makes you feel worse. It still happens to me now and the best thing for it is distraction. Find something that you need full concentration on! I always found meeting up with a friend, having a chat always helped.
    Good luck, Laura (30+5)