Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Looking for advice

We found out we were pregnant at the end on Feb (3 positive tests) on Wednesday we went for our 12 week scan, I thought however I was more 10 weeks. The Monday before our scan I found some blood when I wiped. Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning there was more blood kind of like a light period. My fears were confirmed at the scan when they could only see a 6 week embryo in the sac. I've had bloods taken 48 hours apart. My levels on the 1st were 1083 & on the 2nd were 1010. I've been advised to wait 3 weeks, let the bleeding run its course and then do another pregnancy test to see if it is negative.

This was my first experience or pregnancy. I was just looking for some other people's experiences. Does what I've been told sound right? I have felt like the hospital staff have not been very helpful/informative.
Thank you in advance

Replies

• Hiya,

im going through a similar thing at the moment, a missed miscarriage. I booked an early reassurance scan at 9 weeks, baby showed a size at just over 6 weeks but i knew my dates were correct. Had another scan at 10 weeks and 11 weeks and both showed no development and no heartbeat :(

Ive had to have medical management to start my bleeding but yes, once all bleeding has stopped and a you get a negative test you should be ok to TTC if you feel up to it but hospital recomends one normal period before TTC. (I actually have a scan booked for next week to check all pregnancy tissue has gone, not sure if you could request the same?)

• I'm so sorry this has happened to you, I've had it 4 times now and it never gets easier, sending hugs xx

• Yes. This is what I experienced back in March. Unfortunately, the hospital were very unhelpful and uninformative in my experience also. I relied heavily on these kind of groups. 

Your dropping levels are an indication that the pregnancy is 

• ^ Sorry! I pressed send too early!

Yes. This is what I experienced back in March. Unfortunately, the hospital were very unhelpful and uninformative in my experience also. I relied heavily on these kind of groups. 

Your dropping levels are an indication that the pregnancy is no longer. They usually increase rapidly during a healthy pregnancy. 

Im so sorry you are going through this and know first hand how you must be feeling. Please look after yourself and let others help you... talk to someone.. sending you lots of love xxx 

• Thank you for all your replies. 

I was told to sit things out and do another home test 3 weeks from the '12 week scan'

I did this and it was still positive and bleeding had stopped a couple of days ago. When I rang the EPU they were very robotic and told me to go for another scan in a weeks time. Those 4 weeks from the first scan were awful. Didn't know what to expect exactly, only bits from what I read on here.

Anyway went for the 2nd scan and had a lovely midwife. Very sympathetic but not in a bad way. She suggested that we do another pregnancy test to avoid an unnecessary scan.

The tests came back negative and the midwife told us that as for as they were concerned everything had settled and gone back to how it was before. She told us that in the first 3 months after a miscarriage you are the most fertile so go ahead and try again as soon as we want.

That appointment was last Wednesday and we couldn't wait to get trying again!

I wish you all the best with your journeys!

Xx

• @aimjd im glad your finally sorted, it seems like such a drag doesnt it!

im currently awaiting my first AF from the MC and even this seems like its taking forever! Like you we are trying again straight away but I dont think ive ovulated yet and im on cycle day 30 so thats not the best news.

fingers crossed for you!

• Hi.hope you are good. Dear lady I will say to you don't be negative and don't get stress it will make you weak and lazy and you could not think positive, just go to your doctor take all the best instructions and medicine and follow that. Hope so you will be blessed this time and just get rid of all tensions all will be good okay.