Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Miscarriage, period.. now what?

Hi all!  

Im a brand new member. I recently had a miscarriage (13.03.2018) and these forums were fantastic for providing help and information. 

As stated above, I miscarried my baby at 12 weeks on 13th March this year. A few weeks later my period returned (in April!) and I finally felt normal again! 

My problem is now, it’s been 6 weeks since I last had a period and I’m not sure if that’s common after miscarriage - (for periods to be all over the place?!) or if I could be pregnant again? image (I’m sooo afraid of testing!) 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated - I know I’ll need to test eventually but people’s experience post miscarriage would also be appreciated  

thank you. 

Replies

• Hi smanfa... sorry to hear about your miscarriage. After both of mine my periods took several months to get back into their normal cycle so I would say don’t worry about that... it’s pretty normal. But if you have been ttc again there there is of course the possibility that you are pregnant... only way to know is to take a test 

• Hi SmanfaX,

I'm sorry you've had to go through this. Its a terrible time and all you want is for things to go back to normal.

After my Miscarriage I bled for over 7 weeks, but as soon as it stopped, like you I had a normal cycle with a period 4 weeks later. The cycle after that however was very long. I didn't ovulate until cd 26 or 27 so it would have been a 6 week cycle but I managed to conceive again so I never did have another period. I'm currently 10+6 so and fingers crossed all is well. So yes it may take a while for things to settle down, but you can definitely ttc before then!

Good luck :)