Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

PCOS, Hopeless Doctor's. Please help

We've been TTC for aroiar a year with no luck. 

From the age of 13 I've had irregular periods and as I've gotten older other PCOS symptoms have appeared.

We went to the doctor's a few months ago to try and address the irregular periods. Have done lots of research on PCOS and I have 90% of symptoms. 

The doctor sent me to a gynocologist. I had an ultrasound scan two blood test. The scan showed that I had "borderline" (her words not mine) PCOS. My bloods came back normal apparently but the gynocologist said I am showing many signs of PCOS but because she doesn't deal with PCOS I would have to go back to the doctor's and they could help me

I had my appointment today and was told that he wouldn't start me on Metformin until I had reached a healthy BMI. I have managed to drop 50+lbs over the last year (with great difficulty) and had no improvement in my symptoms

I really thought today the doctor would start me on medication today to help control my symptoms so we have better luck with trying to conceive. I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do. I have looked into buying metformin online and also found that Goats rue is an alternative but unsure how to proceed

Any help would be much appreciated

Replies

• Hi

I have pcos since childhood. I was also diagnosed at 13. 

The medication didn't help me my symptoms never stopped. My doctors actually took me off several years ago. 

I have been following a low GI diet with flaxseeds. This has helped me the most but the hair thing is still there.