Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

im bleeding - help!

Im in such a state. Have had achey tummy since i found out i was pregnant but this afternoon it was even more uncomfortable and when i went to the loo i had a bit of streaky blood in my discharge. The pain has eased off and no blood since. I am sooooo scared, i've already mc once and can't face it again. my mw has said it may be implantation but i feel so negative. I can't stop crying.

Replies

• Hey funkeymunkey83,

Try not to stress yourself out too much hun.

I may be implantation as you can spot and have light cramping. If you are really worried, ring your early pregnancy unit and explain you have had a misscarriage before and that you are worried and they can arrange an emergency scan, you have to be quite forceful with them though.

I hope everything is ok.

C
    xx
  • Im only 4/5 wks so implantation is possible, feel hopeless tho. Don't have a EPU where i live.
  • Hi funkymonkey,

So sorry to hear you bleeding, I know how stressed and upsetting it makes you.
    The only advice I can give you from my own experience of bleeding is to ring your midwife or 24 hour number they should leave you and ask them for their advice. I had a bleed at 9 weeks and went to my local A&E as i was in a lot of pain. I got a scan and baby was fine.No explanation of bleeding.
    I'm now 19+5 and had a bleed on Monday. I had no pain and it was a total shock that it happened. I phoned my local labour unit as all 3 midwives phones were off and spoke to a really helpful midwife there who booked me into hospital to get baby and myself assessed. All is fine with no explanation of bleeding yet again.

Always phone up/go see somebody if you are worried hun, I have and it puts your mind straight at ease.

Thoughts with you,
    Katie.x x x

• go to the A&E department then
  • babe i real hope everythin will b ok, i started bleeding at 10 weeks and had to wait all weekend to see someone to check everything was ok, i was convinced id lost the baby. but everything was fine and i was bleeding so heavy too. i had to change a maxi pad four times a day. it was so scary, but those littl eggs are very strong. so please don't stress as it will only make you worse. relax lie down, drink plenty of water. And let us know how things go. sarah 14wks.
  • go to ane i ad bleeding last nyt cudent get to hospital went in today and its bad news..

so u get ur self into hopsital rite away ok hun make sure your ok
  • so sorry to hear your bleeding, i was in the same situation sunday night and didn't know what to do. I ended up waiting to see my gp the following day.. Have no happy story to offer though as have had to wait till friday for a scan to find out whats happened and the wait is driving me crazy!!..my thoughts are with you as i know how devastating it feels. Fingers corssed its just one of those things and we both go on to have healthy pregnancies like many of the other ladies who's stories i've read on here..take care.xxxx
  • i feel a little better, the tummy aches have gone and no more blood (touch wood) since. I no it sounds gross but the way to discribe the bleed was like when you have a snotty nose and it has a streak of blood in it but not a nose bleed (tmi - sorry!!) but obviously it was in my discharge and really was only a couple of streaks so fingers crossed. Need to contact my HV 2moro. x Thanks everyone, ur all so kind & supportive.x
  • they say the more heavy the bleeding the more worse it is so i think u r fine xx
  • I bled at 5 weeks and called NHS direct to be told it was implantation and not to worry as it was only a bit. Bled again at 6 weeks and I called the GP and they arranged a scan for me 2 days later and it was all fine. I was told by the nurse at the scan that it was just part of my pregnancy to bleed and unless it became heavy red blood then I didn't need to call anyone (!). So basically I was then bleeding on & off (but pretty much everyday) until I was 9 weeks preg! THEN it started getting heavy and red so I had another scan...and all was fine! I had a little bleed at 11 weeks as well but from then on it's all been great!

I find it mad that I never got any explanation to why it happened, no internals, no tests, basically I was just told to sit tight and see if he was hanging in there.

Bleeding is soooo common in early pregnancy. Your hormones are whizzing round as the placenta still hasn't taken over the baby's needs so the hormones are doing all that work, and I read sometimes your body 'forgets' you're pregnant and so you bleed, like a period.
    I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm now 24+2! x x x
  • IS IT STRONG POSSIBLITY THIS IS IMPLANATION BLEEDING HUN COS YOUR ONLY 4 TO 5 WEEKS. TRY AND RELAX YOU COULD RING NHS DIRECT FOR ADVICE. ALSSO FOR FIRST FEW MONTHS YOU CAN GET PERIODS. SO UNLESS ITS HEAVY DONT WORRY HUN. NHS DIRECT NUMBER IS 08454647 X X
  • Oh no! Sorry to hear what you're going through but this is what is exactly happening to me now and I also had a MC in Oct so so scared. Only thing is I have already had signs of impantation so I'm thinking the worst. Have just posted a note seperately about it.

Hope you're feeling better and things work out for you xxxxxxxx