Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

My first proper scan today!

So Day 1 is done and so far I am feeling good and have done well today.

Didn't have the best day at work and still didn't turn to the classroom biscuit box or Crisps which was good - a first step towards not blaming stress!

I had a good breakfast of Shredded wheat with Cranberries. Then for a mid morning snack I had a mix of dried fruit and seeds. Then for lunch I had a couple fo ryvita with cheese and then a banana and orange. And for dinner I have had some grilled pork and jacket potato and carrot and brocolli. I have not been tempted to have a glass of wine at all! I have been drinking Loads of water too which is good!

So roll on tomorrow when I have to go to my aquafit - that will be the next challenge!

But so far so good!!! WEll done me!

Replies

• So Day 1 is done and so far I am feeling good and have done well today.

Didn't have the best day at work and still didn't turn to the classroom biscuit box or Crisps which was good - a first step towards not blaming stress!

I had a good breakfast of Shredded wheat with Cranberries. Then for a mid morning snack I had a mix of dried fruit and seeds. Then for lunch I had a couple fo ryvita with cheese and then a banana and orange. And for dinner I have had some grilled pork and jacket potato and carrot and brocolli. I have not been tempted to have a glass of wine at all! I have been drinking Loads of water too which is good!

So roll on tomorrow when I have to go to my aquafit - that will be the next challenge!

But so far so good!!! WEll done me!
  • Ah, ive got my scan today, ive worked out that i should be around 14 weeks, as i had an early scan at 6 weeks, so im working it out from that! Last time was a tiny little dot, so its going to mad seeing a baby! Im so nervous, all weekend ive just been worried, just incase i have any needles as i havnt had any bloods taken yet, but today that worry has gone and i couldnt care less about needles. Im now worried about the actual scan, all the natrual things people worry about that ive seen up here in the chatrooms so often! Arrrrgggghh, i am so nervous!
  • I was exactly the same before my scan, it's perfectly normal. I am sure everything will be fine and it is absolutley fantastic seeing junior waving on the screen. I was just so relieved that there was a baby in there and I wasn't imagining all the symptoms. Good luck and hope it all goes ok. (And there will be a needle but its very quick in your arm!) xx
  • Hiya tasha. Hope your scan goes well, and its amazing to see a proper baby on the screen rather than just a dot! I didnt have a needle in my arm either :S So dont know about that! x
  • Hi! Thankyou everyone for the comments, it was a great experience, i cant wait for the next one! It was supposed to be my 12 week dating scan, but i was actually 15 weeks, the nurse gave me a row for not coming sooner, but it was theyre fault! So ive decided to move hospitals! I did have to have my bloods done, i tried doing a runner twice but my boyfriend managed to pin me down twice!Lol! When i got in there it was nothing, the bruise seems to be hurting more than the actual needle!But its defnietly all worth it. 4 more weeks and we can find out what it is, i cant wait! x