Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Maternity Leave Confused & Fed Up!

Hi I'm planning to go on maternity leave in 5 weeks time, but up to now my employer has not even asked when I'm planning to leave or how long Ill be off let alone what maternity package they offer ( which I'm guessing is just statutory). I have asked several times for a meeting to discuss this but they just keep saying they'll get back to me. I'm getting really fed up of this now as just want to know were I stand. Does anyone no what rights I have as to when they should give me this information?

thanks

:\?

Replies

• Oh babe your employer should have sorted this out for you. do you work for small business. Iwork for large company so they sorted everything out. I was asked to get a mat b formfrom the hospital at20weeks filled that in and i have got my return date backto work already. I broke up on jan 6th and am due back oct 6th. I have decided to take the 9 months off but i can change my mind and let them know. By law they have to do this have you been working for them for very long? Have yougot any other colleaguesthat have had mat. leave?
  • Oh babe your employer should have sorted this out for you. do you work for small business. Iwork for large company so they sorted everything out. I was asked to get a mat b formfrom the hospital at20weeks filled that in and i have got my return date backto work already. I broke up on jan 6th and am due back oct 6th. I have decided to take the 9 months off but i can change my mind and let them know. By law they have to do this have you been working for them for very long? Have yougot any other colleaguesthat have had mat. leave?
  • Yeah it's a small company I have worked for them for 5 years but I'm the first to every go on maternity, I handed my MAT B form to them when I got it and still didn;t say anything.
  • Oh chick i dont know what to say then who does the wages is it the owner or do they haveoffice staff to do that. I would presume if you have filled in your mat b form and they have dealt with that then it is all being sorted. You still havefive weeks before you finesh i dont think i got my official paperwork back until 2 weeks before i fineshed. They just sound a bit lapse. It just pisses you off when you work so hard you want somebody to give a shit and say course we can have a chat about it. I would keep pestering them like i say it might all be being dealt with x
  • Do you have a HR dept ? if not then i would seeyour line manager asap, they need to get it sorted asap so you know where you stand. How can you get organised with them leaving you in the air, i would demand they sort it out ASAp !