Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Holiday with 4 week old baby

Hiya,
We are going on holiday when baby will be about 4 weeks old if he/she comes on time!!!! We also have a 3 yr old little girl who will be 4 by then.
Has anyone ever been on holiday with a baby so young before? Just wondering what to expect and if it will be a nice break or if I'm being mad!!!!

We are only going to sandford park in dorset, which is about an hour away from home so not far. My mum and dad, sister and her partner and kids and my oh are all going too so that should make it easier!!!

Any stories and advicve would really be appreciated! Thanks,

Faith.xxx

Replies

• Options
    Ah cool, thanks hun, I was hoping to hear some good stories as we are definately going!! I just hope baby doesn't decide to arrive late!!! I'm also hoping that I have stopped bleeding by then so I can take Kyah swimming while daddy looks after baby as I love taking her swimming! That can't really be controlled tho so will keep fingers crossed!! Only 9 days till we know baby's sex!!!!!!!!!!xxx
  • Options
    If you're mad I must be about ready for a straight jacket. We are going to Mallorca in September when lo will be about 9 weeks and Millie will have just turned 2! We are staying in the same villa we booked last year with my mum and dad so hopefully I will be able to get a bit of a rest.
  • Options
    We may be going to Florida in October when our baby will be just over 3 months old! The whole family is going and we would hate to miss the opportunity so we are seriously considering it. But we will only book last minute because we need to see how we're coping. We may not get flights in the end but we'd rather wait. We just want to make sure baby is fine and settling before committing.

I have been told many times that it is easier to travel with a newborn than a toddler. My brother- and sister-in-law are going with three kids - 8, 6, and 3 - so we would probably have a less stressful time than them!
  • Options
    I want to book a holiday now for when the child is a bout a year old... OH wonders why when little one wont be old enough to remember but I just think it will be really nice to do and we can always take photos.. the child will enjoy it while he is there! thinking of Zante in a sleepy little village its where we got engaged two years a go! x
  • Options
    im goin on holiday with my baby,who then will be 9 weeks old were oly going butlins in skeggy going with hubby,mum,dad and 3 year old nephew i cnt wait!