Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

be honest with me

i am expecting a baby girl and love the name Amellia, is it common?

i wont be offended as id rather know. what does everyone think?

xxx image

Replies

• I think its a lovely name, not common at all in my opinion xx
  • no its lovely we are gonna have grace i think!
  • No i dont think its common - in fact i dont know any Amellias or anyone who has a child called that. Its a nice name.

I wish i knew what name to pick - im having a girl too I havent even got any specific ones in mind yet (must get the baby name book out soon!).

Ange

30 wks imageimage
  • iv only ever known one Amellia and think its a really nice name.
    wev got erica for a girl and finley for a boy as both unusual but not out there!!lol. xxx
  • not common at all i dont think, i do have a cousin called that but she goes by ''mim'' mainly! thats the ONLY amellia i have come across though
    xx
  • I love the name Amelia, although I am biased as it is my daughters name! It is a little bit more popular than we would have liked, there is another Amelia in her swimming group but if you love it I wouldn't let it put you off. I think it was the 14th most poplular girls name last year according to the office of statistics so there are plenty of more popular names.
  • hi, thats the name me and my hubby was goin to have if we had a girl, i only know one amelia. and think its a lovly name! i do think its getting more common tho. but its so nice
  • what does it matter?

if you like the name then you call your baby it.
  • Hi we have Amelia Mae if we have a girl (find out a weeks time). Prob call her Millie but saying that we have a Joseph and thought we would call him Joe but never have yet.
    Its not over popular but is heading into top 10 rather annoyingly. I loved it for our first boy 14 years ago when it was really unusual. Again had it for Joseph who is nearly 4 again for Charlie who just turned 2. All the missed times of using it due to having a boy has meant it is creeping up the charts! grrrrrrrrr. I only know one though and she is 17. I know a few Emilia's or Emalee. Go with your instinct as it does not matter what you chose you have no control over its popularity or its tendency to become a 'chav' name! Go with something you like and you cant go far wrong. My friend has a Ruby who is 5. Then East Enders had Ruby and Scarlet and suddenley its number one in some charts. its a beautiful name and I understand why its grown in numbers.
    I always sit and go through all abbrevaitions, the initials and any likely nick names. If you still like name then thats the name for your baby. I know someone who had a Daniel Ian Carter. They never thought about DIC as his initials. Poor kid!!!!!!!!!! lol

Good Luck and your in good company if I have girl too.

denise x
  • thanks girls.

hubby wasnt so sure but i think its what we will go for. its either that or Rachel.

xx

• I love the name Amelia and if I ever get that bfp and have a girl then that's what we'll be calling her.

Rachel is my sister's name and it's very pretty.

http://tt.lilypie.com/NhOf0/.png

• thats a lovely name, i know of two Amelia's but they are both almost 20. i dont know any young ones with that name. i wouldnt b put off by other children having the same name if you really like it. good luck on which ever name you decide on x
  • I know someone who called their baby Amelia but that was about 5 years ago now. I don't think it's too popular at all. I love Rachel as well. xxx
  • I think it's a lovely name but if you're still undecided what about Amelie. Like the French film. My friend called her little girl Amelie and it's shortened to Milly. S x
  • Hi its a lovely name although I do not think its a common name but has been very popular in my area, brighton eastbourne, I know of 5 babies with that name.

But its your choice and I wouldn't worry about it being common if you like it and it suits your beautiful baby then go for it.

I believe its a very pretty name

good luck xxx
  • Hi its a lovely name although I do not think its a common name but has been very popular in my area, brighton eastbourne, I know of 5 babies with that name.

But its your choice and I wouldn't worry about it being common if you like it and it suits your beautiful baby then go for it.

good luck xxx

good luck xxx