Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Breast pumps

Does anyone have a clue as to where I could get a cheap breast pump from? All the prices are ridiculous.

Help

Tashy

Replies

• mother care to a hand breat pump for ??20 havent used it but i got it and and my friend who has had a child was quite impressed with it she was with me at the time of buying it!
  • Thanks my lady!!!

I just heard that Argos has a Avent breast pump for 21.99. I think that is a hand pump as well.

Thank you for your reply though. It's nice to hear feedback from the real people!!

Cheers!!
    Tash
  • I have bought the tommee tippee manual pump as we have the bottles for it too. It was ??25 I think maybe ??29, and came with a bottle & teat and some breast pads. I have heard the electric pumps are a lot better and I wanted the medela one but at ??85 or so it was a ridiculous price! xxx
  • Try your hand and a bottle, my mom did that, as breast pumps didnt work well for her. It might be a bit tiring for the hand, but when you get the hang of it and know where and how to get the milk going, it goes pretty fast.
  • tesco are doing the tommee tippee one for ??12.49 at the mo!!!

[Modified by: boo2609 on March 05, 2008 04:43 PM]

• I've got the tommee tippe one too from tesco, very good value and they have all tomme tippee other stuff half price too at mo. I posted on breast feeding advice to see if it was ok and a lot of them seemed happy with it. Others just prefereed an electric one but then you pay the price.

Em x
  • I've got the tommee tippee one as well cos i've heard loads of good reviews bout it and it's on offer in tesco at the mo, wil have to wait and c if its ne good 4 me tho!
    xxx
  • I've got the tommee tippee one as well cos i've heard loads of good reviews bout it and it's on offer in tesco at the mo, wil have to wait and c if its ne good 4 me tho!
    xxx
  • Thank you girls....

And Fooxoo I never thought about using my hand you know? I know that back in those days people didn't have fancy things and I forget that they had to make do with basics.

Thanks all!!!
  • Yes it is possible to express milk manually. I picked up a little NHS leaflet about breastfeeding and it even shows you how to do it. Maybe I'll give it a go if the breastpump doesn't work for me...I'll probably feel like a cow though, lol. xxx
  • LOL!!!!

That gave me a mental image of me having udders and being squeezed!!!

Thanks for the little laugh Tiger Lily
  • My mom just had probs with having very small milk channels, so it was real hard for any pump to work, my little sister is 7 years old now, so my mom had access to all the fancy pumps and so on .. but the hand actually worked best ...

And it really could be quite an easy thing to do if your milk is flowing nicely :P