Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Men are evil

Hi,

Just wanted to share a quick story as it has upset me a little. I went out to get lunch today and was walking accross the crossing to get to the sandwich shop, there was a car waiting at the traffic lights with two guys in it laughing, they then leaned out of the car and shouted at me "oi look at you, you fat bitch I'm suprised to can walk!!" I looked around and saw there was no one else there so they must have been shouting at me, so I scurried off and had a cry round the corner. I called my husband and he went mad and was really upset for me then spent 10 mins reassuring me that I wasn't fat and that I was actually beautiful and pregnant and that all men are wankers (except him of course lol).

I just can't believe two people would do that I felt completely humiliated I'm nearly 25 weeks pregnant and I'm still wearing size 14, which I don't think is huge but I do have a reasonable sized bump but I would say I def look pregnant rather than fat. It has really put a downer on my week as I was in such a good mood until then, now I just feel tired, fat and miserable and incredibly self consicous.

Caz
xx

Replies

• Caz I have to agree with your husband that all men are wankers! (Apart from all our oh's!) Some people are just soo rude, I am sure you are looking beautiful babe!!!!!!!
    Tammi
    xxxx
  • hi hun, just thought id send a message to say ignore the stupid twats!thats terrible and your hubby is right you are beautiful and pregnant. size 14- im well jealous, i was a size 18 before i got pregnant so i am HUGE now.lol.
    they were prob stupid little boys who have nothin else to do with there time. you sound like you have a proper pregnancy bump so as hard as it is ignore him.
    eitha that or hunt them down, get some nut crackers and castrate them slowly which would be my plan, oooh the hormones and the joy they bring!!lol.
    hope your feeling better after speakin to your hubby hunni?
    dont let a couple of compete twats (excuse the french) get you down as they are just jealous that you are able to have a baby - i suspect they have very small, tiny in fact, willies and not able to!! hannah xxx
  • Ha ha hannah that made me chuckle.

My hubby is very protective over me at the mo so I could just imagine him coming down and sitting at the crossing waiting for them to come back so he could do some ass kickin' lol.

I was just so shocked I didn't really know what to do, if I had been a bit more confident I would have shouted something back but I am a wuss lol

C
    xx
  • Thankx Zoe image How are you feeling today? I know you were sad yesterday.

C
    xx
  • What a couple of c**ts (sorry for that word, but think they deserve it)! I really don't understand people like that...i will not rant on bout moronic d'heads, but this sort of thing really gets under my skin.
    Babyfizz is probably right....no willies!!
    Sarah xx

• lol sarah def no willies.

I haven't had anything shouted at me before so I had no idea how to react, really wish I hadn't cried in public though it was quite embarrasing.

C
    xx
  • glad it helped cheer you up - we all need it sometimes. people are just inconsiderate and rude and not worth your thoughts or time! i had a couple of patients at work call me fat and had to go kick something!!
    hope your ok zoey as id read the threads and know you have had a disappointment? hannah xxx
  • Hey hannah,

I don't know why people seem to think it is their god given right to call you names or make comments to you just because you are pregnant, they wouldn't do it to an over weight person so why do it to us.

I get called "the lumpy one" at work now and although it's light hearted it really does my head in, plus they use my pregnancy as an excuse for everything.

C
    xx
  • they do that to me hun and it drives me up the wall. im a mental health nurse as a job and therefore used to abuse but when your workmates are giving you grief as well you wanna scream.
    i think people think you wont take it to heart but the people most likely to take it to heart are pregnant women DOH!! it got so bad iv just had 3 weeks off with stress and discovered this site so not all bad!goin back on monday - boohoo. spit in their tea - makes me feel better! (evil laugh) hannah xxx
  • lol tell me tell you a little story about the idiots you meet... I live in london but my street is wide and dark cause of LOADS of really old trees. This happened before i got pregnant! but all the same can just show you what fellas can be like!!! Any ways this was before i got my car and everyone in my house was out.. I was walking home it was dark.. these two lads came up behind me and i felt well uncomfortable one grabbed the back of my handbag which was over my sholder and i just thought (oh fuck i'm going to be mugged) but he grabbed my arse! I had a tin of soup (pot and leek so it was heavy) in a blue carrier bag anyway i I swung around so quickly i hit him with it across the chest! he got a bit of a shock i can tell you! I shouted (although i felt embarressed thinking oh people will look if i make a show... then thinking hang on THATS exactly what you want!!) I was shouting what the F**K do you think you are doing.. he replied 'feeling you up init!' he was with his mate instently i replied 'is that the only way you can get it then... yeah!' his mate burst out laughting! I was really scared but proper gave it back to him... had visions of being pushed in the front door to an empty house ... SCARY! Anyway some fella pulled over in a purple care and gave out like shite to them they ran off and i burst out crying!

Anyway i'm telling you this just to show you there are little pricks everywhere!! It's not your Luv I am sure you are beautiful because all pregnant women are even if we dont feel it! why people have the right to comment and make stupid remarks god only knows but all it shows me is that clearly they must have a low self esteem to have to pick on a pregnant woman to feel better about them selves! wouldnt you love to put them in a room with ALL of US and see how brave they are when there is a bunch of hormonal angry girls! xxx
  • lol tell me tell you a little story about the idiots you meet... I live in london but my street is wide and dark cause of LOADS of really old trees. This happened before i got pregnant! but all the same can just show you what fellas can be like!!! Any ways this was before i got my car and everyone in my house was out.. I was walking home it was dark.. these two lads came up behind me and i felt well uncomfortable one grabbed the back of my handbag which was over my sholder and i just thought (oh fuck i'm going to be mugged) but he grabbed my arse! I had a tin of soup (pot and leek so it was heavy) in a blue carrier bag anyway i I swung around so quickly i hit him with it across the chest! he got a bit of a shock i can tell you! I shouted (although i felt embarressed thinking oh people will look if i make a show... then thinking hang on THATS exactly what you want!!) I was shouting what the F**K do you think you are doing.. he replied 'feeling you up init!' he was with his mate instently i replied 'is that the only way you can get it then... yeah!' his mate burst out laughting! I was really scared but proper gave it back to him... had visions of being pushed in the front door to an empty house ... SCARY! Anyway some fella pulled over in a purple care and gave out like shite to them they ran off and i burst out crying!

Anyway i'm telling you this just to show you there are little pricks everywhere!! It's not your Luv I am sure you are beautiful because all pregnant women are even if we dont feel it! why people have the right to comment and make stupid remarks god only knows but all it shows me is that clearly they must have a low self esteem to have to pick on a pregnant woman to feel better about them selves! wouldnt you love to put them in a room with ALL of US and see how brave they are when there is a bunch of hormonal angry girls! xxx
  • Sorry to hear u had to deal with such idiotic men...blimmin dorking high street!!!
    If it helps next time let me know and i can maybe distract them by flashing them my wobbly bits post pg then they'll see ur some real chub!!

Or u could go down the slightly childish route of i'm pg whats ur excuse?!
    xxx
  • lol, that made me laugh it must be love, they must have to be so brave to shout out of a car (so they can drive off) and when they are with a mate or two. could on you for smackin them. some men will always be boys. it makes me so bloody angry. hannah xxx
  • men are wankers. even our OH they just get away with being wankers because they use their heads now and again to make us love them. all men wank therefore they are all wankers. sorry if that upsets anyone who thinks there men are fantastic but im sure you would agree that sometimes everyones man acts like a wanker. anyway, just wanted to say i know how you feel.
  • When I had less than a week to go with DS we moved to a new area, I was walking (waddling) around with DD and some kids felt the need to throw Fat comments around, FFS, I was hugely pregnant, what do they expect!!
  • seriously where has the respect for others gone? if i found out my kids had shouted that at someone i would be frog marchin them round in front of all their mates to apologise for been so damn rude!! hannah xxx
  • OMG how bloody rude!!!!

I'm the same as you, I still wear a size 14 but my bump is huge. If someone called me a fat cow I would be sooooo angry and upset. People do think they have a right to say stuff just because you're pregnant.

Babyfizz is right you should take her advice!
  • lol there are cunts lol .
    i would of been so angry lol same as yu .
    am size 14 n 20 wks pregnant
  • I just want to agree with you on the lack of respect comment. Yesterday late pm I was waiting at the bus stop by the train station and a whole gang of young teenagers (maybe 13 yrs old) just barged past me to get on the bus and took all the seats and not one stood up even though I am 8 months preg. I couldn't believe how rude they were - swearing, spitting, treading on the seats and playing their "music" out loud. Not as bad as your story but it seems there is a general trend of disrespect everywhere. I will definitely be teaching my lo some manners.