Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Period problems: anyone had trouble with periods after contraception?

hi ladies, 

i came off the implant 3/4 months ago after being on it for just over a year. I’ve also been on the Depo injection for around 3 years Before the implant. 

Has anyone else had trouble with periods after contraception or did anyone have to wait months for one? I took a pregnancy test a couple months back but it came back negative. Is it worth me testing again or seeing what my GP suggests? 

Replies

• Yup - me! It took me about 5 months for my cycle to regulate itself after being on the pill - i suggest you download a period tracking app (Ovia or Flow, there are loads) which will help you track ovulation and your periods. Also, you could buy some cheap ovulation test sticks too, and try and pinpoint ovulation? 

• Hello, after 10+ years of using the patch I removed it on April. Got my period in May and haven't got my period since :( I'm anxious and nervous and will see a Dr in 2 weeks to ask if this is normal?
  • I have been off the pill for 2 months now but haven't had a period for 7 months. I've had all the pms and other symptoms of having a period but no actual bleeding. Doctor seems to think I have Endometriosis but we haven't done the test yet. Feeling a bit lost and sad
  • Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. try to have the tests done soon to rule out any causes. I'm seeing a dr tomorrow to ask. I've been off the patch since April and 1 period in may only. I'm worried as well. Idk what it could be. I keep having clear,sticky discharge. 
  • G!ggl3s said:
    I have been off the pill for 2 months now but haven't had a period for 7 months. I've had all the pms and other symptoms of having a period but no actual bleeding. Doctor seems to think I have Endometriosis but we haven't done the test yet. Feeling a bit lost and sad
    Hi Hun, can you please tell me how you got know about endometriosis? i just now came back from a tubal check and they were saying my left ovary is stuck towards uterus so i am not sure what does it mean for a start and when they said endometriosis  and its not not sure and booked me with a consultant in oct. Really i am blank what will be my next steps.
  • Hello there. I just read your message. I haven't gone through with any of the tests to check if I do have Endometriosis.  Basically when I am supposed to have my period, I get such extreme cramping I feel like my stomach is in a knot and I struggle to walk or eat or anything really for at least 3 days. The doctor said that to test for Endo he would need to do a Laparoscopy - inserting a small camera through a key whole sized incision in my navel. If it is Endometriosis, they will see a build up of tissue on top of the cervix (google for symptoms and treatment)