Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do I get a double buggy or not?

hi ladies 😊

so im due my new baby in September and when he’s born il have a 17 month old toddler as well who goes to nursery 3 days a week I don’t really go anywhere without the car like shops or things to do with my son who is currently in a buggy I have a baby sling I was thinking of using with the newborn for a while. I don’t know if it’s worth getting a double buggy or just using the sling and maybe get a pram for the newborn I don’t think my son will be old enough for a buggy bored I’m stressing over nothing but I really don’t know what to do haha xxx

Replies

• Hey! 

my son was 3, 10 days after my baby was born and we bought a second hand double to use as and when needed. We only ever take it out If we’re going for long days out, it’s not used often at all but we’re super glad we got it as, take yesterday for example, we went to the seaside and he Was shattered in The afternoon with all the sea air and heat, in fact He nodded off! 

we do use a travel system for everyday use and Harry will walk when he’s with us, though he does 2.5 days at nursery. 

never used the sling personally as I’m not a lover of them 😬 xx

• My son was 16 months when my daughter was born and my double buggy was a life saver. Shes 1 next week and I use it most days as my toddler is a runner.

Ive got a baby jogger city mini gt

• Hey Mama Bear. I totally understand where you are coming from I am due Jan 2019 and have a 5 month old. I think with a 1 year old and a newborn I am going to try and use the sling and single pushchair as much as possible as that seems like the easiest option. And when I go out I am walking at most 15 minutes. 
    However, I am going to invest in a second hand double as with my first I had a section and there was no way I would have been able to carry him in a sling for the first 2 months. I dont want to be housebound for that long when the next one comes along. 

Good Luck x

• Depends how your toddler is walking too. My son is 2 and half and still won’t walk very far, if I had a younger baby, I think I would def need a double. I’m due baby 2 end of November and he will be just turning 3 and I’m still thinking about getting a buggy board for him then. 

Maybe look for a double that converts into a single? Xx

• I’d say definitely yes! I’d be thinking about if you’ve been driving somewhere and then need to walk with the stroller... if your newborn has fallen asleep in the car seat you’re not going to want to wake them up to take out of the car seat to put in the carrier / wrap. If you have a double with a car seat conmector then you can just pop the car seat straight on, along with putting your toddler in too. 

You could look at something like the Joovy caboose which has different options for as the kids grow. It’s reasonably priced, fairly compact for a double, has the option to click a car seat in, has a bench seat at the back for a second child to ride on & for a little bit extra you can buy a seat to convert the bench Seat into a regular seat for while your toddler is still young. I’ve just ordered the big caboose (3 child option) as we have a 2 year old and are expecting twins this winter

• Congratulations on your twins! Yeah I think we will end up getting a double buggy maybe one that goes side by side when I have both of them then use the single pram when I just have the baby when my son is at nursery xx