Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

SPD - I have a RESULT! UPDATED

Does anyone have any ideas for when I see mw tomorrow. I need her to feel sympathetic towards me...I know a lot of woman on here suffer with it and the professionals don't seem to listen/understand even when you're in agony and have another lo to look after.

What can I say to her to get results for this pain?? Basically no pain killers work, physio has had no effect on me at all. I had this with my first, but it was towards the end at around 35 weeks, but it's come since 20 weeks this time round.

I would be happy if they agreed to induce me early at around 37/38 weeks. What can I say to her?

Thanks;\)

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev171pps__.png

UPDATE - Been the see the MW this morning. I took my little girl with me so she could see how I struggle. I could barely walk the stairs. She seemed to look concerned straight away and wanted to discuss my options...pain killers, physio etc etc, I told her the grief I've been having with my SPD the pain and suffering and nothing helps and I have a daughter to care for etc and she called the consultant straight away for me to see him next wednesday to discuss having an induction done at 37 weeks!!!! I couldn't believe my ears!!! She is a really caring midwife.

I hope you all can get the same result as me as I know nothing helps with the pain. At least I know now when there is going to be an end to it. You've really go to put across how it's affecting your life. I was prepared to cry, scream in agony, anything to get their attention, but luckily I didn't need to.

Hope it goes well for the SPD sufferers out there. Take care xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev171pp___.png

[Modified by: ~yummy_mummy~ on 30 April 2008 13:14:24 ]

Replies

• Hi.

if you can....cry! just totally say that is affecting your normal day to day duties. Say that you struggle to climb the stairs so you have to sleep downstairs and a couple times you haven't made it to the loo in time (sorry)

I had SPD and i wanted an induction and these were the things i was going to say but luckily LO decided to come early anyway!

Hope this helps...but defo try crying!! xxx
  • I think i may have the same problem. It only started graduallly about 4 weeks go but i now feel like ive had a good kick in the lady bits. HARD!!!

Turning over at night is awful and im not sleeping well at all. Walking is painful and i feel like an 80 yeat old woman (walking like john wayne)

I phoned the midwife and she says is sounds like pelvic laxity and ive to have an examination thursday. Is this the same as SPD????

Some days its worse than others and i dunno if i can handle this for another 17 weeks image

xxxxx

• It sounds exactly like SPD. It's awful. I wish they could actually do something that helps. It has got worse for me as bump has grown.

Thanks hevma I've written what you said down. I hope it works fingers x

• come back and let me know!!!

Good luck hun xxx
  • come back and let me know!!!

Good luck hun xxx
  • hi yummy mummy
    I feel totaly the same as you, my back is soo bad can hardly cope with it , its unbarable! i cant sleep as the pain is so shocking , every time i turn ova i gotta drag myself using the head board i cant walk either. i had it in my last preg and went to physo etc , but there sh*t !!! so i paid to go private to an osteopath, which didnt really help.this time i even brought a really expensive mattress to see if that helped, which it doesnt just seems to be getting worse.
    Also makes it worse as i have a 18m old who ive gotta look after and my husband is away loads so gotta cope with that.
    could of cryed trying to pick her up today.
    Anyways told the midwife and doctor and all i get is " well we will refer you to physo" And i told them im not going cause if anyone else tells me that i gotta do anymore bloody streaches then im going explode!!!!
    they just dont seem to get it, well i gotta see midwife also tomorrow so will try again.
    Sorry for butting in xx
  • I know they are totally USELESS! I'm just going to make out l'm practically dieing and hope they do something!! I also bought an expensive matress - oh nearly exploded when I said I'd spent nearly ??500 on a matress lol. Nothing helps.

Let me know what happens tomorrow x

• yeah spent slightly more than that, just shows how desprate we are ! at least we trying to help ourselves!
    forgot to say my gp suggested that i see a private back doctor , when i rang up about this is was told it cost ??80 for first apt, then ??35 for every session... im not made of bloody money!!!!
    anyways rant ova . x
  • hi girlies im going to see consultant tommorow to ask for 37 week induction ive got two children and i care for my disabled sister n i can barelly move ive tried phusio! birthing balls! bump brace! hydrotherapy and pain killers! i rang my gp yesterday crying n he didnt care my mw said this morning that shed try to get me into another physio group! when i see the consultant im gonna cry n beg n scream n kick him in the nuts if it helps. sorry to whinge again but oooowwwwccchhh
  • Im seein my M/W tomorrow too. Im only 23 weeks so i doubt there'l be any talk of induction. She said on the phone she wants to examine me and give me advice guides on how to cope.

Anyone know what kinda examination il have???? xxx
  • Been the see the MW this morning. I took my little girl with me so she could see how I struggle. I could barely walk the stairs. She seemed to look concerned straight away and wanted to discuss my options...pain killers, physio etc etc, I told her the grief I've been having with my SPD the pain and suffering and nothing helps and I have a daughter to care for etc and she called the consultant straight away for me to see him next wednesday to discuss having an induction done at 37 weeks!!!! I couldn't believe my ears!!! She is a really caring midwife.

I hope you all can get the same result as me as I know nothing helps with the pain. At least I know now when there is going to be an end to it. You've really go to put across how it's affecting your life. I was prepared to cry, scream in agony, anything to get their attention, but luckily I didn't need to.

Hope it goes well for the SPD sufferers out there. Take care xxx

• Just a quick question..what is spd and what are the symptoms?
    xx
  • o thats great news!!! i hope ur consultant is as sympathetic. they wouldn't even listen to me. so glad i went into labour early anyway!! you'll have to let me know what the doc says.

if u have msn...add me. this_is_heather@hotmail.com xxx
  • Does anyone know what examination il have to diagnose SDP??? XX
  • Thank you Heather, I'll add you now.Melissa - you tell them your symptoms and they diagnose it that way or if you see a consultant he will feel your pubic bones and they can tell straight away if you have it as they feel really loose and wobbly. Hope this helps.  
  • Aww Im glad you manged to get a result hun.

xxxxxx

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/1;10051;28/st/20080729/dt/5/k/9e45/preg.png

• LOLLYHATCH: -

HOPE YOU ARE WELL. how did you get on at the consultants today?????????

• hi. yeah i'm on facebook. i'm under heather stones. think i'm the only one. in my pic i have a red coat on. i just searched for you and couldn't find you.

sorry i've jus got back to u now. i fell asleep! lol xxx
  • Bloody facebook lol. I'll search now...have a good nap? x x

• hi i saw consultant my baby weighs 6lbs 4 oz already so it will be about 8.13`at birth so they said come back in a month ill be 38 wks n they will discusss induction dates yayyyyyy so glad u got a result too!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxx