Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Had to stay in hospital last night!

Hi mummies and bumps
I had to go to hospital last night! Was watching corrie and went into the kitchen to get a drink and all of a sudden there was this splash on the floor! It was clear and definatly not wee so I waddled back into the living room and showed Rob and he said he thought we ought to go in and get it checked, so rang delivery suite and they asked me to come in so we did. Got in and they got me in a room and put the monitor on, baby chose that half hour to act like some kind of maniac! They gave me this button to press every time baby moved and I swear my thumb never left it! Then doctor came in and did the dreaded internal..REALLY hurt this time as they made me cough while the spectrum was in for some reason! Then they did an ultrasound and said that my "hind waters" have gone..no idea what they are! But they said its fine as the sack baby is in isnt affected but decided to keep me in overnight just incase. They then let me home about ten this morning and have said to call them if I have any contractions but not to worry if I continue to leak fluid, call them if I have another splash and think its more than 200ml.
Hope everyone else is ok!
xxx

Replies

• Aww how exciting, not long now hun,wens ur due date?xx
  • aaaages! I'm only 27+5.
    xx
  • Hi hun exactly the same thing hapened to me last week and was kept in..I was relieved it was my hind waters as I still know baby is protected.

I must admit I am on edge now as I keep thinking something is happening and worried I am going to spend the next 6 and a bit weeks thinking this but then they dont think I will make it for too much longer.

Hope you dont go in too soon but definatly know how you feel xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/vmFe0/.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev199pb___.png

• Good luck carlybarley

Sending thoughts to your little one to stay in a few more weeksimage
  • They arent too concerned, they dont seem to think baby is on its way or anything. Seems odd because I thought once your waters went that was it!
    xxx
  • Carly- just saw, hope ur ok, get some rest. Another lo impatient. How scary, stay put lo for a few more weeks xx U take care xxx
    Tracey
  • hi carlybarley

hope you are resting up today.your little one sure is in a hurry to get here! you must have been v worried - i know i would have been.

make sure you take it easy and get other half to look after you.

take care

xxxxx
  • Hi Carley.....God hun I would've been in a right panic....

Glad you and your LO are well, make sure you take it easy from now on.

Katie and bambino.x x x
  • I'm fine, just taking it easy and a bit confused! They didnt really explain what hind waters are and if its ok or normal for them to break early..anyone have any idea?
    xxx
  • Blimey!! Take it easy chick! xx

PS does this mean Rob's more convinced to get some baby shopping inimage
  • lol he went a bit pale and said he thought we ought to pack my hospital bag sooner than later so hope so!
    xxx
  • Hi Carley from what I understand the hind waters or back waters as they can be called are a seperate bad of waters at the back of your womb, therefore when they break there is a lower risk of infection as they are blocked by the main bag of waters. If it were your front waters to go it would mean baby being born or a stay in hospital until it was safe as the baby would be exposed to infection.

My hospital have said to me though that when I go into lbaour they will want to give me a course of anti-biotics to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps hun xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/vmFe0/.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev199pb___.png

• ooh - legs crossed hon. Worrying, but like you say, as long as your forewaters are ok, lo is safe and happy!

Good luck

Karenxx
    This time tomorrow.....
  • Thanks hun that helps alot, it was just a bit scary being sent home after waters of some sort breaking! As long is little one is safe and happy though thats ok. Its dancing away in there so seems to be ok!
    xxx
  • glad you and LO are ok.
    Hoping he/she stays in there for a bit longer yet though.
    Take it easy and get lots of rest.

Em x
    4 days and counting!!!
  • glad you and LO are ok.
    Hoping he/she stays in there for a bit longer yet though.
    Take it easy and get lots of rest.

Em x
    4 days and counting!!!