Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

3 year old behaviour issues

I’m so stressed , my little boy is really playing up. Since the age of 1 it startEd with the head butting walls,floors,me, and everybody around him I had meetings with my nurse , peadatricIan and I just got told that he will grow out of it it’s A Phase. 

The head butting then turned into hitting , slapping pinching punching scratching if he is not hitting me he hits himself . He won’t listen to a word I say , I’ve tried everything he gets so angry it worries me, he will smash my hoise up or his toys and he is forever swearing at me and calling me names it’s got to the point I can’t take him to Shops or anything or I will have to be with somebody (I suffer really bad with depression and anxiety ) doesn’t really help much! he in nursery and they have tried to help me with a behavioir chart but that isnt working. I just don’t know what to do anymore I’m at my wits end. Its horrible to say but Its not normal behaviour I love him to pieces but its so so hard. Just needed to get it off my chest

Replies

• My friends daughter was playing up so my friend started watching episodes of super nanny for tips on how to deal with bad behaviour, it did seem to work, but you could go back to your Dr and explain what's going on, tell him that u think it isn't normal behaviour because really you need to nip this in the bud while he's still small or find out if there's an underlying problem so he can be helped xx

• Ah thankyou I shall try that, and I’m definitely going to my doctor just to see if there is anything that can help. I purchased some fish oil medicine like a brain support  it’s meant to be really good to calm them down so I started him last night so hopefully that works fingers crossed 🤞 I really just don’t know what to do anymore xx