Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

M&S Valentines deal....

Hi Ladies

I normally post in October forum but thought this would appeal to the wider audiance.

I know that a few of you out there, like me, were very disappointed with the Valentines deal M&S had over the weekend and like me, I am sure a few of you made complaints.

I just wondered what your responses were, I got mine this morning and I was fairly disappointed with it!

Thanks
hope you are all well!
Shelby

Replies

• i know joo had sent a complaint but her thread got hijaked! i was looking forward to hearing what they had to say... please share ur response! xx
  • Hi Shelby, I've not had a response to my complaint yet, just an automated email to say they will respond in 24hrs...
    What did they say?
    Julie xxx
    30+3
  • This is the reply I got since arriving home from work...

Dear Mrs xxxx

Thank you for your e-mail. I am sorry that you were unable to take advantage of our 'Dine in for ??20 promotion' due to the lack of items available for pregnant women. I do apologise about this. I can assure you that your comments have been passed to our Promotions and Marketing Department. I know they will investigate and take your comments seriously. Thank you once again for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Kind Regards,

Bloody rubbish!

Joo xxx
  • Hi ladies

This was my response...

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to take advantage of our
    Valentines 'dine in' promotion. I appreciate how frustrating that this
    must have been.

Please be assured that I have passed your comments on to our food
    department. I know they will find this feedback very useful when
    reviewing our promotions. Here at M&S we want all our customers to enjoy
    our food and offers, I am sorry that on this occasion this was not the
    case. I know that our food team will take this feedback on board and
    hopefully in the future we will have a promotion that will cater for you
    and other pregnant women.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate
    it.

Rubbish!!!! Might complain about the response and say that is not good enough as it wrecked my valentines!!!

sorry having a bad day as discovered brown CM today and feeling a little low :cry: (a rant at M&S might make me feel better!)

[Modified by: ShelbyR on February 16, 2009 06:20 PM]

• Joo just read the other thread and want to say that I think you behaved in a very dignified way to the horrible comments, 'she' deleted the one that obviously caused most offense but I got the gist and I am horrified someone would say that to you!

As for the M&S deal I didn't like a single one of the starters so wouldn't have eaten them anyway but it is not on that someone didn't realise that their target audience for a valentines meal for 2 is married/co-habiting couples and surely someone had to have realised a percentage of that would include pregnant women.

I would imagine from that reply that they will pass it on to the right department who will get back to you, let us know if your hear anything else.