Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Confused with scan dates.

I'm lucky enough to have a beautiful 1 year old daughter, I fell pregnant not long after having her and ended up having a d&c in December 17 due to a blighted ovum. I've recently found out I am pregnant again and from my LMP I should be around 7 weeks pregnant. I went for an early scan on Monday to rule out another BO which thankfully I seen a baby and the heartbeat only measured at 6 weeks 1 day, a few days off what I thought I was (didn't concern me to much as I know they measure in mm and it can just be a bit off as it's so small). Anyway I had been having bad cramps so doctors referred me to EPU today and seen the heartbeat again but was only measuring at 6 weeks 2 days. +1 day from my scan at the beginning of the week. First scan was a private one and second at EPU so different machines and different sonographers. Both ambdomanal scans. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm so worried x

Replies

• When I had an early scan at 7 weeks the midwife I saw a few weeks after said they can be 4 days out So you could be 4 days more or 4 days less toull get your proper dates at 12 week scan xx

• Thank you for replying, I really hope that is the case! I know a heart beat is a great sign just not having the growth with it is a worry.

xx